Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The Opera guys have stated on more than one occasion that they will not port the Opera keyboard.

Originally Posted by StOoZ View Post
I totally agree!
HAHAH

dont you think these features should have already been in a high device, it looks as if nokia is doing some favour by providing these features

Originally Posted by esthreel View Post
I agree with you. But still IMHO there is nothing that compares to N900, that would have a decent OS, like android. Closest thing is Moto Droid (milestone), but it has even worse keyboard, slower HSDPA, on IR, no FM transmitter, worse camera. And most importantly no Skype integration, where I live every one uses Skype, I have a data plan, so video and regular calls, chats, and file transfers are FREE, and super easy, this is the best thing about N900 you don't need "an app for that". Yes you can get similar functionality on droid and better support, but even with it's downfalls N900 is pretty damn good. Yes there are even more potential on this device and you totally have a right to be angry at Nokia, for delaying updates, but we have this community and it try to do the best it can, and succeeds. Look how many apps there is on OVI and how many are in extras (devel,test). We will have Android thanks to DJ steve, and MeeGO at some time. Only thing that N900 is missing for me is some good games.

P.S. The big bad is that N900 is overpriced. 300EUR (465USD/320GBP) is the price not 550EUR, no way hardware is that expensive, the price is high only due demand.
Dont get me wrong, the N900 is great, would probably be the best device ever if it had Flash10, Ovi Maps 3 and more games/software available right now

I am seriously awaiting a full Android port, the guys who are fixing that are ****ing awesome

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Who cares?
Customers were promised the best web experience including full Flash support - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUCc2C4JPJE

Flash 10.1 was even shown first on the N900 back in Oct 09, albeit by Adobe, but they said it would be here for N900 before the device was even released - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pee3nT4bPw4

There are free alternatives in the extras repos.
None come close to Google Navigation or even Ovi Maps 3

http://www.softsailor.com/news/18587...okia-n900.html

Not true.
Noone promised it. Still, you can have the phone, browser, and several other stuff has portrait mode.
Nokia promised partial portrait for the first PR update in Dec/Jan, they finally delivered it in PR1.2, not even a week ago and it is practically useless for all Nokia's own apps that support it, since they didn't optimize their own apps, nor does it support vkeyboard

OMG, seriously?
If I have a decent hardware keyboard, why care about virtual keyboard at all?
One handed SMS/browsing would be a really nice addition, especially to a device which is supposedly very easily hackable to do pretty much anything, but no, something as simple as a vkeyboard in portrait-mode is apparently impossible.

Don't care about Ovi store. There are tons of good apps in the repos anyway.
So far Ovi Store is the only portal for games (not emulators) and
proper navigation software, not too mention Office apps and etc

Not bad communication, just you can't understand it.
Nokia in January:Ovi Maps 3 for Maemo soon!
Us now May: When is it coming?
Nokia: You already got an updated Ovi Maps in PR1.2

Community: Is Flash 10.1 coming to N900/Maemo 5?
Adobe: Ask Nokia
Nokia:...

Nokia: "Ovi Store Update on 27 May"
Us: Where is Ovi Store Update?
Nokia:...

Yes, the stuff that you shouldn't screw up is not open.
Still, why should I care?
Significantly increases time before Android gets fully ported

Originally Posted by matthewtt View Post
There is a Virtual Keyboard in Portrait mode using Opera Mobile. Maybe since you are complaining so much please port this to the OS so we all have it PradaBrada.

PradaBrada why did you purchase the phone on non-legal promises. It was not legally binding for Nokia to follow-up what they said they will do. Nokia helped us out with these updates to benefit the product for us in which they receive little or no money since reviews are already written. They just want us to be happier with the N900 as customers. We are lucky to even have PR 1.2. Flash 10.1 was never acknowledged to be ported to the N900. They only used N900 as a testbed. It would be good to have the 10.1 update though as this would make the phone more processing/energy efficient while providing additional features.

I have had this phone since it available for Pre-order and I'm pretty sure the 1st on in Australia to have it. PradaBrada I think you need to calm down and think before you post your comments on these forums as they are unwelcome. Why would you purchase the product as expensive as the Nokia N900 without prior research on whether it would be suitable or not.

I believe the Nokia N900 has fulfilled and surpassed all my expectations. Nokia did a good job on providing a new platform for a new mobile computer. It is meant to be used in Landscape mode, not Portrait. It is not a phone but a computer with phone capabilities.
I've done minor programming, but wouldn't call myself a programmer/developer, also not well-versed/interested in Linux to ever become one

Where is the rest of the developing community to port these simple apps? The only thing I keep hearing is:

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The Opera guys have stated on more than one occasion that they will not port the Opera keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
this is a great phone but for one of nokias top models they should pull thier finger out on support it. nokia is seriously getting left behined by the like of iphone and android.
WERE IS FLASH 10.1, FULL FLASH PHONE MY *RSE.

A2DP AVRCP is finally working right, YES.

I can now control my music playback from my A2DP BT head phone no problem.

Battery life is improved for me for sure.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
My phone was great before pr1.2 and now it is even better. I installed via NSU as OTA did not work (t-mobile USA) and have not had any bugs that I have read about on this site. Cell reception is still great, battery a bit better, and all the programs I use except recaller work the same.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Best points:
-no Flash 10.1
-no Ovi Maps 3
-Angry Birds Demo THIS IS THE BEST GAME AND APP EVER MADE
-Tech Demo called Bounce
-no real portrait mode, so what if Nokia promised it for PR1.1? I mean who needs that?
-no vkeyboard in portrait mode
-no Ovi Store update
-bad communication with customers
-not completely open source

This is absolutely great, I love it!
Hehe..

-no real portrait mode
I really think not having portraitmode throughout the whole phone is just stupid. It should have been in there by now.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, I just bought a second N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Don't know about anyone else but I personally think the keyboard is now WORSE with 1.2.

I used to use it so fast before but now the keypad icons are tiny I find myself having to correct myself loads. Maybe it is just my fat fingers..

Apart from that everything is great..

Love you eny...for posting the right thing .

The keyboard have to say is worse, the reason it killed the iphones before is because it was so big and comfortable to use, its not bad, but i'd prefer the option to revert.

1.2 has given me mass battery life improvements and huge performance gains, its as good as it gets, thanks nokia!

Tags
troll thread