I performed an Over the Air upgrade to PR1.2. Seemed to work fine - but did reboot about 5 times at the end while showing the white screen with the blue Nokia logo and a progress bar - bar would reach 100% then reboot.
Following this, it reached the stage where it shows a row of dots. These start flashing quickly, then I receive a message "Unable to establish network connection. Contact service."
I can then proceed to boot and all is fine (apart from phone operation). Can use WiFi etc. Version shows as PR1.2. PR1.2 features present and work.
Have tried with another sim - different carrier - same problem. Both Sims work in a different phone.
Battery was full at time of update.

NSU (freshly installed on two machines) is telling me that it does not support this device model.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Some progress... My phone will not display its IMEI via *#06# or on the About dialog. I'm guessing this is the problem.

Same thing restart 2 times after Update didn't ask me for pin code and Sim not recondized

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
my sim card isnt working either.
and the N900 is not being recognized by my PC nor laptop.
i dont know if i didnt install it properly or is it a common problem.

I gave up and followed the manual instructions in:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53775
Have my sim working - remains to be seen how well the backup app has worked now

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
is there any risk reflashing the N900?
i have that kernel thingi installed
will it do anything?
and which firmware will it have?? 1.2 or 1.1?

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
My former pincode isnt accepted either it seems. Any ideas what could cause this? I've skpped the pincode step for now, but I'd like to phone with the thing.. go figure! : )

So, ideas, suggestions ayone?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
i gave up on my N900 after having this problem since the last 2 months! months b4 even the leaked PR 1.2 was released!
I don't have my IMEI displayed either, nor do i have Nokia PC Suite recognising it. Manual flashing only results in a failed flash, flash which fails at the programming CMT step!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
I did an OTA update then got a nasty suprise after my inclusive data internet flat started eating money off my prepaid!!!... Had to flash both the FW an EMMC UFFAAAA!!!! But before I realized it I had lost €15!! Hopefully I will get this sum back ..............