Originally Posted by catbus View Post
"Joined on Oct 2019"
Yeah, so? That doesn't somehow negate my ability to read content from before then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
Yeah, so? That doesn't somehow negate my ability to read content from before then.
Ofcourse not... Just read It... History...

And sorry... Nothing personal...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post

Anyway, I won't pretend I'm not annoyed by the shipping postponed again and again. I do feel a little being fooled - how many more times will the device be postponed until I finally get it? February? March?
Honesty is good. Of course, everyone is annoyed (read, pissed off) by the delay. Especially Chen. I can feel his feelings right now. - But, production is rolling, goods are moving. I just wish that don't compare the FXTec to the so-called "big boys". Thanks.

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
to fill YOUR dreams
Euuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my dreams are a little more complicated and less materials than a smartphone xD.

The Following User Says Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
A note to anyone updating Sailfish through the OBS repository: please flash the kernel after updating packages through pkcon/zypper. Currently it is not done automatically (needs to be investigated, can be a problem with https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtec...lash-partition). It can be done with the following command:
Code:
dd if=/boot/hybris-boot.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a
The recent change was switching from userdebug to user build for Android adaptation bits (same as stock firmware), which uses different kernel config with lots of debug options disabled and greatly improves bootup time and overall performance. There is newly built CI image which has it already included, but otherwise updating packages and flashing kernel as described above should work for existing installations.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Sorry for double post, but I seem to be unable to edit the previous one due to auth token error on forum.
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
1. Not sticky unfortunately
2. No
3. No
1. I didn't test it yet, but xkb provides a way to define latch modifier. As long as it is supported by SailfishOS, it should be just layout change (though I wonder if there is a way to make it configurable).
2. Have been told it is supported by mce, will check it, probably just a matter of configuration.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks TheKit. I plan on doing that tomorrow, so just to make sure I got it right, (1) the flashing guide on the F(x)tec forum, (2) zypper refresh/zypper update, (3) kernel flash? In my case (1) alone should be enough since it will be a new installation, I can use the new image you posted.

Your comment about my three questions is encouraging. Sticky keys are very convenient on thumb keyboards since it's not easy to hold simultaneously multiple keys (could be a risk to drop the phone in some situations). Unlocking with keyboard opening or key press would be very useful too.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-18 at 22:58.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Euuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my dreams are a little more complicated and less materials than a smartphone xD.
Yea a little more overbearing than I expected.
With all of these production issues I'm really curious about how they are going to support this device. Warranty and software both. No big faults listed yet, but then again we don't have a big pool of devices either

The Following User Says Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
@Astaoth: Well as I have read from this forum atleast a few people have dreamed of a hwkb phone with better specs than N900. And this thread has been about waiting that dream to come true with this device. So when we are in a forum dedicated on phones and in a thread dedicated to a hwkb device one dream of many people have come true. There is still some waiting to get everything to work with alternative Os'es but still.

And this device is not my dream come true. I'm typing this text with my dream machine: N900. Maybe FxT1 is my dream after I yahve used this for many years - or not.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
https://www.androidauthority.com/fxt...review-960653/
This review really hurts, I hope Chen and team took this feedback seriously. Some of the things can't be fixed like curved screen but software faults? Did they get a faulty unit?
That guy doesn't seem to like physical keyboards.
I'm not sold on the keyboard. The quality is fine, but the keys are a bit flat to me, They have BlackBerry's signature scalloped shape, but each individual key's profile could be more defined. Travel and feedback are solid enough. I pulled out the BlackBerry Classic (late 2014) and can tell you I like that keyboard much better. The Priv's keyboard feels a bit cramped and offers no benefit to me over the excellent software keyboard. Hardware keyboard purists, however, may find that the Priv's keys are just what they need to more effectively tap out emails on the go.
However, I think that he has some points there. Pro1 may need some software tuning if you are going to stick with Android. Positive point is that battery life looks good .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit