Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@nbedford
About point 2) - looks like Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) is not implemented on Jolla. I can't test at the moment, but may be someone can confirm?
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
I have same issue - no phone contacts. Car is BMW X3 E83 from 2007. Nokia N9 had same issue, however, Nokia N8 just worked fine. This is something that I expected to be solved in Jolla already...
For me, the N9 works perfectly in my car (a Peugeot).

So then is it Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile that needs to be implemented? I ask, because, when I was looking into buying the Nokia N9, I was reading that it needed SAP or rSAP - (Remote) SIM Access Profile.

The Following User Says Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
I have same issue - no phone contacts. Car is BMW X3 E83 from 2007. Nokia N9 had same issue, however, Nokia N8 just worked fine. This is something that I expected to be solved in Jolla already...
Ohno... I remember this. With N9 it was the MfE protocol that did not allow syncing contacts over bluetooth. So if you had local contacts, everything was fine, but if you synchronised your contacts with MfE (which was more or less the only way to sync contacts on N9...), nothing was shown over BT.

Here's the bug confirmed by abustany: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...54#post1125354

And here's w00t confirming that it's a WONTFIX http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...70#post1194403

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@zamorph
As far as I know if you have "phone" built into the car itself(with all radio and other parts), so in order for this inbuilt "phone" to be able to register on cellular network and make calls you use rSAP thus sharing the SIM remotely.
When you only initiating and interacting with the calls from you car interface, but actual call is performed by the handset itself you only need PBAP to access the contacts stored in handset from car UI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ziller View Post
Ohno... I remember this. With N9 it was the MfE protocol that did not allow syncing contacts over bluetooth. So if you had local contacts, everything was fine, but if you synchronised your contacts with MfE (which was more or less the only way to sync contacts on N9...), nothing was shown over BT.

Here's the bug confirmed by abustany: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...54#post1125354

And here's w00t confirming that it's a WONTFIX http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...70#post1194403
[OT]My N9 syncs to Exchange with MfE and never had any problems showing contacts in car over BT[/OT]

I don't know if it is RSAP or PBAP, but something is missing from Jolla to make it not show contacts in my car

Edit: Looks like @zlatko answered about protocols

Originally Posted by gcalcott View Post
I'm bonding with my Jolla...

Any news on an ETA for a native WhatsApp?

Thanks!
i do not think it will come anytime soon...

Originally Posted by kpblxa View Post
i do not think it will come anytime soon...
Why? There's already a library + Application for the N9. Should easy to be implemented for SF.

The Following User Says Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
- somehow fast changing of wifi/3g/bt should be possible
at the moment you have to go to settings and guess if something is active or not (I can't tell from the icons displayed)

so long ...
At least I had the wifi/3g settings as shortcuts on the first page of settings and they show (a glimmering dot) if they are active. In the home screen you can see whether they are active or not in the cover (symbol a bit lighter = active).

The Following User Says Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by att View Post
I think somebody hinted that it MIGHT be possible with syncing N9 messages to some cloud service and then syncing Jolla from there. I don't know if anybody actually tested it. Unfortunately I don't right now remember where I saw that...
It should be possible via database export / import perhaps. After all, I think Harmattan people used quite sensible tools for implementation.

The Following User Says Thank You to lkravovicz For This Useful Post:
Day 1 and down to 50% battery by midday

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
[edit] Oh, and the automounting of SD cards formatted with other than VFAT needs to be fixed, annoying to do it manually every time.
I've yet to manage mounting a 64GB card formatted as two 32GB FAT partitions yet also. That doesn't seem to automount either. Anyone else managed this?

Really annoying that it doesn't support exFAT. I understand why but IMHO it's an essential.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience