Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Can you group applications in subfolders to avoid making the application page messy?
No not yet.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Thanks for all answers here guys! I keep asking unless someone objects, I will find out the day I get it anyway I suppose.

Next up: What happens when the "running-apps" page is full with running apps, will it generate another page below to scroll through?

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
@mikelima -- just over border in Slovenia MMS are included in monthly subscription and is not such cost. There are lots of people that don't use email or have internet access on phone at all, there are also areas where connection is so bad you don't get reasonable speed, for ie. somewhere deep in woods :P and in such occasion MMS is far better solution than email. I can assure that at least with Nokia (dumb) phones MMS work realiably and I actually don't remember that ever failed.

OTOH, services like Viber, Wazzup etc. are useless for me because I am not always connected (my free will, actually).

Last edited by sponka; 2013-11-28 at 14:51.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
What happens when the "running-apps" page is full with running apps, will it generate another page below to scroll through?
They'll keep running (unless you run out of RAM) in the background. You won't see them on the switcher at present.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Out of 10 MMS i've sent, maybe 3 actually reached their destination, 1 immediately, and 2 arrived days later. And all of them were expensive.
Change your carrier.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
@bockersjv

Was it worth the adventure John?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Thanks for all answers here guys! I keep asking unless someone objects, I will find out the day I get it anyway I suppose.

Next up: What happens when the "running-apps" page is full with running apps, will it generate another page below to scroll through?
One this over what Woot replied is that the apps get smaller as you add more, this is not something you can control like in the N9, it just happens when you have more than 4 open.

A long press lets brings up the close 'x' on each app but what I only just found out is that you can "close all" by a down gesture which brings up a close all option.

Check my blog for a short video showing this.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2013-11-28 at 15:34.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
If you plug the device into an Ubuntu machine through USB - can you view the file system?
I don't know about Ubuntu, but on my Fedora Linux it doesn't work

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
@bockersjv

Was it worth the adventure John?
Now, yes. But not if you had asked me at 5am (3am UK time) when I was getting ready to get to the airport.

There was about 11pm last night where I had to get out for a drink and read something on paper, just for a break!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
For now, battery life is not so good either and my 3G signal is 3/6... Maybe i have broken antena? Need more testing (i have Saunalahti/Elisa)
haha, battery life will be rubbish as long as you are playing with the device all the time. If you want to compare it with the N9, ask yourself this question: can the phone have the screen up for 8-10 hours? If yes, then battery life is similar.

Regarding reception, are you comparing it with any other device in the same area? Care to name that device?

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience