Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
I planned to update it to 2.1.x, but still didn't do it. Will try to check it again.
+1 for the 2.1.x update

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Here's a funny thing after the upgrade from the installer image to 2.0.5.6.

Instead of the normal "unlock" screen with the "> <" symbols I now just get a black screen with the rotating circle. At first I thought Lipstick hadn't started until I tried swiping.

Is there a method to remedy?
Funny, I had the same thing... silly me, I always thought it was due to some incompatibility with the hardware since I have the v820w V5 and never really paid any attention to it afterwards. Turns out I'd probably made some typo/mistake when originally upgrading as I just went through the upgrading steps and that seems to have fixed it.

EDIT: I had to install the tablet from scratch and it wasn't a typo after all as the problem reappeared. I believe
Code:
zypper ref -f
before running the long zypper install command again finally fixed it. YMMV
(I am not going to do everything all over again just to be sure, sorry)

Also, it took ages to get the WLAN working first. The best(/only?) way seemed to be from the prompt where the WLAN icon is presented and there is the text Turn WLAN on. I could never connect properly from Settings or Events View even though the password was 100% correct.
(After fighting this for way too long I am not sure anymore if the prompt appeared when trying to launch the Jolla Store with WLAN off but it just might've)

EDIT2: Ok, so I had to do it all over again :P
Due to that I made a github repo.

(Yet again I had initial problems with the WLAN. Before the update I could connect best as I described earlier. Then after the update the only working way seemed to be from Settings.)

Last edited by tmi; 2017-09-20 at 11:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Any hope of a 2.1.3 update now that it's publicly available?
This fixes the WPA2 KRACK vulnerability (among other things) so it would be "nice to have" also on Onda tablets.

Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Any hope of a 2.1.3 update now that it's publicly available?
This fixes the WPA2 KRACK vulnerability (among other things) so it would be "nice to have" also on Onda tablets.
I tried to update my tablet to 2.1.3.7 today. It mostly worked (after updating onda repo for 2.1.3.7 and manually installing some packages). Yet it seems to have broken Bluetooth and video recording with rear camera, need to investigate why.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Yet it seems to have broken Bluetooth and video recording with rear camera, need to investigate why.
Probably because it's kind of broken even on official builds

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
BT and video recording are not that important to me (plus the tablet is for toying around) so I tried to adapt the 2.0.5.6 update instructions to 2.1.3.7 with "ssu re 2.1.3.7" and using "http://sfos.scanf.su/onda-v820w-v3/2.1.3.7" for adaptation-onda. Seems I didn't know what I was doing since "version --dup" couldn't find all the needed packages. I had nothing to lose so I even tried enabling adaptation0 & adaptation1 without luck.

Maybe an overkill, but in the end I re-ran the 2.0.5.6 update instructions and after rebooting the tablet was working fine as it was before my little experiment.

Last edited by tmi; 2017-12-09 at 14:35.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
I tried to update my tablet to 2.1.3.7 today. It mostly worked (after updating onda repo for 2.1.3.7 and manually installing some packages). Yet it seems to have broken Bluetooth and video recording with rear camera, need to investigate why.
how did you do it, did you just override adaptation-onda or did you give one of them another name?
for me it says nothing provides pattern:jolla-hw-adaptation-hybris
after running version --dup

Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
how did you do it, did you just override adaptation-onda or did you give one of them another name?
for me it says nothing provides pattern:jolla-hw-adaptation-hybris
after running version --dup
I think I did the update by setting new version manually and updating through zypper. I will get to it again soon, I think the issues that were there can be fixed.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
I think I did the update by setting new version manually and updating through zypper. I will get to it again soon, I think the issues that were there can be fixed.
I also updated through zypper, because version --DUP didn't work, because it asked for a pattern it didn't find, and the device didn't boot anymore. So I will have to get adaptor keyboard splitter and put sfos on a usbstick

Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
I also updated through zypper, because version --DUP didn't work, because it asked for a pattern it didn't find, and the device didn't boot anymore. So I will have to get adaptor keyboard splitter and put sfos on a usbstick
Does telnet connection work? You should be able to get logs or downgrade this way.