Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
I've had issues to install the jolla-st9 package. Thanks to alin on IRC, the issue is solved. So if you're permanently asked for credentials when running "zypper in jolla-xt9", try the following in root:

ssu dr adaptation0
Then, you should be able to install jolla-xt9, and you've to reboot the phone to get the predictive keyboard.

I was out of the loop for a long time, waiting for Jolla to release T-Mobile compatible handset, but it started looking like a futile endeavor, so I recently "joined the club" and now I'm using Sailfish on Nexus 5

Did anyone manage to install Meecast lock screen applet there? It fails for me.

which alpha? I've installed it but its currently out of whack, all the icons are squished together, it needs to be dynamically sized. am on alpha13 btw

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
I'm using alpha 12, I didn't know alpha 13 is out. At least I don't see it here http://images.devaamo.fi/sfe/hammerhead/ and any mention of it here: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Ada...for_hammerhead

I didn't follow this thread, so I must have missed tons of stuff

Unrelated - is there some working version of ScummVM for Sailfish?

i remember a thread about a port

for alpha13 log onto #sailfishos-porters and ask for it, dont have a link handy

Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post

Will the new Nexus 5 be as compatible with Sailfish as the previous one ?
https://www.androidpit.com/nexus-5-2...specs-features
I suspect both the new N5 (LG) and N6 (Huawei) will be extremely popular devices. Particularly with developers.

So I'd rate the chances of Sailfish ports for both as quite high. Higher than any other forthcoming phones, at least.

On the information available, I'd lean towards buying the N6. Whilst I don't really want a phone that big, the new N5 has an extremely large footprint (lots of bezel) for a phone with only a 5.2" screen, which is quite disappointing. Also from what I've heard it'll be IPS and the Huawei will be OLED. Don't quote me on that though. New N6 will be 5.7" rather than the gigantic 6" that the current (highly unpopular) Motorola is, so I expect a lot of the people who want a Nexus phablet will jump on it.

There'll definitely be Ubuntu Touch ports, so I'll be getting one or the other. If Sailfish fails to improve or ports don't materialise, I'll have back up .. plus the myriad of Android ROMs that will appear.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
I suspect both the new N5 (LG) and N6 (Huawei) will be extremely popular devices. Particularly with developers.

So I'd rate the chances of Sailfish ports for both as quite high. Higher than any other forthcoming phones, at least.

On the information available, I'd lean towards buying the N6. Whilst I don't really want a phone that big, the new N5 has an extremely large footprint (lots of bezel) for a phone with only a 5.2" screen, which is quite disappointing. Also from what I've heard it'll be IPS and the Huawei will be OLED. Don't quote me on that though. New N6 will be 5.7" rather than the gigantic 6" that the current (highly unpopular) Motorola is, so I expect a lot of the people who want a Nexus phablet will jump on it.

There'll definitely be Ubuntu Touch ports, so I'll be getting one or the other. If Sailfish fails to improve or ports don't materialise, I'll have back up .. plus the myriad of Android ROMs that will appear.
what is this "new" N5?

i have an N5 and it is two years old, not new.

a remake basically.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
a remake basically.
would you expand on that? I am still in the dark.