Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by apeman View Post
I would give it a try but I do not know how to create a deb package for maemo.

I cloned the source code, I can make the change but I don't know how to build/package it.

Is there any tutorial available, how to build the deb package and how to setup a build toolchain?
Do you use Qt SDK to open yappari project? What version?
It's a bit more complicated than that. You need to install scratchbox using this instructions https://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation...K_Installation

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Reading s40 version it seems whatsapp already implemented encrypted messages. Whatsup is facing this issue too.
Seems we need to implement textsecure
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
so a few minutes ago i tried to create a group for the first time, containing my two sisters with whom i always communicate.

after adding both of them, clicking the "create group" button caused yappari to segfault.

when i re-opened yappari, the group was not there. so i re-tried. this time it did not seg-fault on creating the group. However, the group still did not appear anywhere. A few seconds later Yappari closed itself, and I've not been able to login since

It doesn't look like I'm banned, but i see a "not-authorized"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Given what CepiPerez reports, I rather think we should hold off using Yappari until a dev reports the implications of using the current version. If Whatsapp have enabled encryption across the board, any non-standard response by Yappari such as not reporting the platform type during the handshake (see above) might expose us and lead to a ban.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/105
who is banned?

Like Sicelo, I also have a problem with groups, cant exit them and they are jamming up my contacts. When yappari switches off then on, date and time changes for groups ... there is something in the logs about registering groups that indicates a problem.

oh my God !, I begin to feel the end of my N900 ... yappari will get work as before?

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi there

I, while trying to diagnose Sicelo experience when creating a group, have suffered to a (possibly temporary) ban.

As handaxe has suggested, I wouldn't really recommend using Yappari anymore. At the very least, please, don't to try to create new groups as this seems to trigger immediately a block on our number.

This is the first time something so "brutal" has happened. Yappari sometimes has sent erroneous commands, but this has never been an issue, since WA didn't detect them as hostile.

Now it seems they are stricter. Any little discrepancy between the official app and ours could result in a ban.

So... in what situation are we right now? I don't know for sure, but among other this, it seems that encrypted conversations are gonna end up being mandatory. Although CODeRUS has QT5 implemented libraries for TextSecure, they cannot be simply used in Yappari, as N900 ships with QT4. Backporting is not immediate, and implementing Textecure into Yappari is another heavy work on its own.

There are some other WA protocol implementations such as Yowsup, libwa and others. Maybe porting Yappari UI to use one of these is feasible, but it'd take time.

Not even one year ago I stepped up and replaced Scorpius, the original Yappari coder, but honestly, I don't think I have the time nor the energy to fight against WA anymore, and although I haven't decided yet anything, now it'd be a great time for any coder to do the same thing I did on 2014.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
hi ceene, in your opinion is safe to download 2.0.18 to try the "S40" platform? (excluding group creation, obviously)

Tags
whatsapp, yappari