Active Topics

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
ive been having a conversations problem from the start. n900 is not a good phone for texting. Ok so it has various problems. sometimes when im texting a contact, it shows me no name in conversations. the name dissapears and its black but messages are there. sometimes the conversation of a specific contact dissapears and when i reboot, it starts coming, sometimes it doesnt come at all unless i delete all my conversatiosn and reboot. and sometimes it doesnt show my last sent message and is stuck on one last message. sometimes i dont get people's texts and get em after hours. this is only with my n900.i had other phones before with massive texting and no problem. its just with this phone. is there a permanent fix for this or any help would be apprecviated. thanks

conversations deleting automatically help. when i get texts from one contact, my conversation gets stuck and doesnt revieve more messages.
edit: jedi please read the post before you post comments. you are annoying seriously.

Last edited by zurrain101; 2011-06-30 at 10:09.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Once again Zurrain/yasirrfc: cross-posting sucks. Stop doing it.

If you don't get an answer, be patient. If a couple of days passes, maybe bump it. If you still don't get an answer then it's very likely a 'unique' problem and probably a result of your own 'tinkering' with the device - if you can't undo it, re-flash it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
edit: jedi please read the post before you post comments. you are annoying seriously.
I did read your post. It was exactly the same as the other thread you started only 3 hours before. These forums are chaotic enough without people posting the same thing over and over.

You will also get very fragmented replies which will be very hard to follow.

EDIT: For more info, have a read of the rules

Last edited by jedi; 2011-06-30 at 10:37.

whatever man get a LIFE. dont lie to get attention

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
If somehow you find yourself in an unfortunate situation where a conversation just putters down to an awkward near silence, and seemingly stuck, simply take a deep breath and relax... avoid vocalizing with 'uhhh' and 'ahhh's just to keep some noises going, silence is sometimes okay.

Think back whether you've given enough time for your partner to speak, and ask them what they thought of the conversations you've just had, or their day, or the weather.

Or you can simply look down and tinker with the n900 that you've been holding with your two hands on your lap and ignore the other party.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
hey thanks. but i dont text hardcore. i used to with my 5800 and it was fine. my friend and i used to text always like this but with n900, it gets stuck

Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
conversations deleting automatically help. when i get texts from one contact, my conversation gets stuck and doesnt revieve more messages.
Hey , zurrain ! I too had the same problem ! what i realised is this happens when u underclock your N900 to 250Mhz .... But it works fine on 600mhz ..... So setting the CPU frequency to default 600mhz will solve your problem , as far as i know .

cheers !

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged. zurrain101, do not open multiple threads for the same request.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Consider this thread where I had a similar issue and subsequently resolved it.

...and play nice.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:

Tags
ban me, i smell bs, yasirrfc