Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Nitdroid gallery part II, continues................ :-) I have another 40+ apks have NOT EVEN installed, probably will never look at.... Another gauge for Android apps, almost every big city in china has their android TV station app... I think I proved my point: Nokia abandoned maemo, and the nitdroid dev team picks up the batton....

TIA,

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-15 at 02:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
hi...need urgent help pls!!

hi,please help. i tried downloading nitdroid from the application manager but it didnt show up in extras devel..and i couldnt get it by apt get...someone suggested adding a repo of nitdroid..that didnt work too...so i tried downloading nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb from nitdroid downloads...it gave an error about 2 missing dependencies...multiboot-kernel-maemo_0.3_armel.deb and multiboot_0.2.10_armel.deb. i tried downloading and installing them directly. i installed multiboot_0.2.10_armel.deb, got a msg to update..and did so. now when i start my phone...i get a white screen with the msg 'press a key to select' it has nokia n900 multiboot written on top and the number 30 on the right.i have tried pressing all the keys but nothing happens, expect that the numbers count down to 1 and start on 30 again.the phone switches off after some time automatically...any help...whats happening?

Try Post the problem in forum.nitdroid.com, it is more technical there.

bun

hi..i have installed nitdroid..however, i cant use it.everytime i boot to it, the android logo shows up for a few seconds, the main screen and then i get a lot of msg which say that miscellaneous services couldnt be started and need to be closed.i have to press the 'force close' button on each msg, and when finally all the msgs are gone, the screen where it says, press the android, does nothing.only the power button works and gives the option to switch off.everything else has an error.any ideas???

Upon upgrade to 0.0.8, we lost the home screen widget to turn wifi/bt/gps/refresh/display.

After some hardwork, I found them, 3 ways to get them back:
1) mini info 1.6.0 - only 1.2.2 is around, 1.6.0. has to get it from the market, no luck for nitdroid
2) Beautiful Widgets - it came with 9 of them, you would have to do it one by one, pic attached,
3) Power controls - silly me, this is the one comes with you installation, screen>Widgets>scroll down to Power controls, you have it. Ob boy, I have been looking for this for weeks, OMG! You can forget options 1 and 2.

Try market 1st, if not, then go thread #1, I have been to so many website, cant remember where I got them from.

enjoy,

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-20 at 05:01.

still doesnt work i have installed nitdroid..but when i boot to it...i get random and MANY error msgs..saying services couldnt start...seems like NONE of the services are working...even switching the phone off is a big task because of the errors on the screen! nothing works...tried to register..tried to skip registration..nothing helps..im just sitting with nitdroid without able to use it!! pls helppppppppp

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
Few more sites that could be worthwhile in a near future:

http://androidforums.com/
http://www.appbrain.com/
http://android.hdblog.it/ (damn' I'm french but I'm reading italians forums...thx little N900..)

The Following User Says Thank You to bingbings For This Useful Post:
My favorite apps searching, today, in the following order:

Android market
Opera mini mobile app
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/apps

Do not underestimate Opera mini, they claim to have 2500+ android only, I usually got what I want in the above search order. Anybody find anything better. I think the biggest problem is the limitation from android market... can one 'spoof' android market? Anybody?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-26 at 22:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
hey guys check this out, nice site offering nice stuff for android, pretty sweet i should say

http://getandroidstuff.com/

N9 64gb black

The Following User Says Thank You to zaoltryence For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
bunanson why you take pics with camera?How about screen capture from nitdroid itself?

Tags
appss, n900s, nitdroid