Notices

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey i want to find out how to use stellarium and what is it used for. i have used it and i dont get it. can it detect everything that happens in sky? and it uses gps to track the exact location and then show whats happening in the sky in that area? is it like real? or is it just some artistic application? a guide would be REALLY REALLY helpful. thanks a lot

Last edited by chemist; 2011-05-27 at 09:43.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
And what happened when you typed "stellarium" into Google?

"Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope. "

Sorry to be blunt, but when you can find the answer to you want with a 3 second google, it's really not worth opening a new thread...

Edit: And please edit the title of this thread as it's misleading - it infers that the thread is offering a tutorial, not asking for one

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Strawman For This Useful Post:
@ jedi
I see you replied while I was trying to decide whether to be blunt or helpful, but my initial reaction was the same.

hey thank you for the pdf. jedi i did read everything but it was like not clear. i meant that does it show planes and helicopters as well as its the sky? and it uses gps to track exact location and then shows u the sky where u are?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
i did read everything
Obviously.

does it show planes and helicopters as well as its the sky?
No.

and it uses gps to track exact location and then shows u the sky where u are?
Yes.

All this information found using GOOGLE! And reading!

Just to be clear, StellariuMobile (purchased through OVI store) is a much enhanced version of Stellarium (free version, available on many platforms, was/is? available in extras repo).

StellariuMobile has GPS location-setting, changes the view in response to the accelerometer, and the interface has been refined for touch control.
Details, video & guide at:
http://stellarium-mobile.org/

my internet and gps are on. but stellarium shows the same thing when i have gps enabled and when i dont have it on. i have selected my county and city but it does not track the exact location. why is that? is there some settings? and it also hangs a lot

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
my internet and gps are on. but stellarium shows the same thing when i have gps enabled and when i dont have it on. i have selected my county and city but it does not track the exact location. why is that? is there some settings? and it also hangs a lot
You might also want to try orrery. It is not nearly as pretty as stellarium, but it is more frugal with the battery, and has a wiki page for the maemo version. If you try it and have questions about it, I'll be happy to answer your questions.

ok im gonna try thanks a lot. but why stellarium doesnt track location>

Tags
just shoot me, kill me now, spoonfeed alert, yasirrfc