Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Steam games client community is already on android!

everyone surly knows Steam gaming community!

why isnt there any kind of widget or app to show my status and my friends online,

I request a Steam community client for N900.
I need it.

can someone make one please.

Join the Steam Community
Find someone to play with, meet up with friends, connect with groups of similar interests, and host and join chats, matches, and tournaments.

Chat with your friends while gaming
See when your friends are online or playing games and easily join the same games together. Chat with your buddies, or use your microphone to communicate in any game.

Last edited by lolloo; 2011-01-12 at 05:54.

Right, so friends have their mobile phones and we talked a bit and came into conclusion that Steam client should be implemented for mobile phones. Not due to games, those are in the future still but for Steam Friends purposes. You could see which friends are online and perhaps agree to play games after work together or similiar while on the train, bus, whatever transportation you use. Perhaps then the features could be expanded in it at the future.

As Steam is now on Apple's OSX, that is very close to Linux itself, it would be propably very easy to do this on the Nokia N900, that runs on Debian Linux itself or with the upcoming MeeGo, that is also based on that. I also have N900 as some of my friends too and it would be very convinient to have Steam on that.

My computer crashed a couple days ago, and I had no way of contacting people who only use Steam as a means of communication. A chat client would just let people talk back and forth through the servers without having access to their games. Would anyone else use this?

I have friends who are on steam for about 6 hours a day. It would be great if I could contact them over steam. For now, I'm using skype, but steam actually pops messages up in their games and they can chat without alt-tabbing or leaving the game.

would love to have my steam friends list so I could chat with my buddies, even when not on my computer or playing games. I suggest making/designing an application for Steam for the MaemoOS. Steam Mobile perhaps.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Hi lolloo, is there anything else you'd like to add.. before we respond?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
5 replies to his/her own new post before anyone else. I think lolloo should get some sort of 'one-man forum' accomplishment in steam

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Raptr has an app for iPhone/iPod Touch which allows you to view when and what video games your friends on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Xfire, and Steam are playing. The Raptr IM client for Windows is basically a video game-centric multi-IM client. You can also set custom statuses which would then automatically update on your Raptr page. I wish there was a port of this for Maemo/MeeGo someday but it would probably be too much to ask.

I'd really love to see either a simple stand-alone Steam IM app or a Steam Friends add-on for the VoIP and IM accounts that includes voice calls/conferences. That way, I would be able to merge my Steam contacts with my Facebook, AIM, and Skype contacts.

// Roth

Last edited by Roth; 2011-01-12 at 07:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:
From the wiki page at least there appears to be a webclient.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:

Tags
frigging noob, just shoot me, kindergarten, op is an idiot, schizophrenia!