Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
flattr.com has finished it's beta testing and it's now fully available.
There are some old topics containing something about this service. Thought won't resurrect those, but start a new one.

From the site:
Flattr is a social micropayment platform. Help support the people you like - and enable them to continue to do what they do! And add your own things to Flattr and receive support from others.
I can't have a paypal account. My country is not allowed.

Was wondering who here has a flattr account?
Maybe we could make a wiki page with a table containing developer names, their projects, flattr buttons. Maybe add a link on the main page: flattr our developers, directing to the wiki page.

What do You think about this?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I have been thinking about the same thing. Flattr would be a pretty convenient way to make microdonations to developer, if it was somehow integrated with the site.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Same for me.

I think a flattr button for each app on maemo.org would be nice. At the moment i have no chance to make donations.

Maemo.org is supported by Nokia... I think.
Maybe we could create an account for Maemo.org. I would like to support this community by supporting this infrastructure.
Don't know what will be and if Nokia will abandon this site when it goes to MeeGo, this is only one of my theories nothing to support this statement, but if something like this happens, maybe it can be supported by donations like this.
Maybe it could be spend to improve things on the site.
I'm too lazy to search but I think there was something about maemo.org getting enough money to barely support itself.

Maybe my memory is not good enough or maybe I'm just rambling, in this case sorry.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by mmlado View Post
[...]
Maybe we could create an account for Maemo.org. I would like to support this community by supporting this infrastructure.
[...]
Erm, the idea was to donate to the developers, and individuals doing work for the community on their free time. I don't think donating to maemo.org would do anything as such. Perhaps to special purposes though.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Originally Posted by mece View Post
Erm, the idea was to donate to the developers, and individuals doing work for the community on their free time. I don't think donating to maemo.org would do anything as such. Perhaps to special purposes though.
Yes... I was thinking to donate to individual developers... sorry if it wasn't clear. And maemo.org support would be separate from those. Maybe some want to support this place not just the developers. Maybe I should have created a separate thread for maemo.org flattr support...

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
It's nice to see Flattr get some attention again.

For the indivudual developers/users at tmo, I'd like to suggest one simple way of getting something rolling right now (after you've created a Flattr account and added some funds): add your Flattr user ID to your signature, either as a link or like this: [Flattr=1234], where 1234 is your ID. Then, install the Firefox add-on Överallt - Flattr Everywhere! and you'll see a nice clickable Flattr button.

As for integration in the maemo.org infrastructure, it may add value later (e.g. tied to app releases, although that could also be covered by the above). There is also some thinking to be done regarding whether to Flattr specific individuals and/or projects, maintained by a group of people.

And head over here if you're interested in discussing Flattr on Meego

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by mece View Post
I don't think donating to maemo.org would do anything as such. Perhaps to special purposes though.
someone is gonna have to pay for the maemo.org servers when nokia stops paying for it,
nokia will need every penny theyve got to survive when they release meego, im just basing this on everyother flagship model theyve released over the past few years that had half baked firmware, dodgy camera sliders and charging ports
if meego aint 110% working nokia wont even exist in 2years time!

Thanks to edgar2 for pointing me to this thread. I actually just started using Flattr a couple weeks ago (and put the link in my signature) but I hadn't heard that it was out of beta already. I think it's a great concept with a lot of potential, and obviously it needs more users, so it's nice to see it mentioned here.

Okuda theme (N900/Maemo 5) | Maemo 4 themes (N8x0)
If you like my work and want to support me, you can donate via Flattr or Paypal.

Looks like not to many of us are interested in this.

Edit: Maybe that's the reason the previous threads mentioning flattr died out.