Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
No e2fsprogs (or even wget) on N800/OS2008 using the default repositories (+extras)... anyone got any suggestions where to find them or is it just a case of waiting (I'm guessing the latter)?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Since I have more partitions I did the cloning in OS2007 where this is not a problem (unless you want to login via wi-fi

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
No e2fsprogs (or even wget) on N800/OS2008 using the default repositories (+extras)... anyone got any suggestions where to find them
Oh, BTW, you can add base maemo chinook repository, e2fsprogs and wget are there. Just fill http://repository.maemo.org in first line and free non-free in last one leaving the middle empty.

I wonder if updated busybox has working tar ...

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Oh, BTW, you can add base maemo chinook repository, e2fsprogs and wget are there. Just fill http://repository.maemo.org in first line and free non-free in last one leaving the middle empty.

I wonder if updated busybox has working tar ...
Thanks Fanoush - that worked a treat! My simplified cloning script also now supports OS2008 for anyone who wants a hassle free method of cloning the OS!

so, umm, you have the bootmenu installed with new kernel and initfs? I got exactly zero useful feedback :-)

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
so, umm, you have the bootmenu installed with new kernel and initfs? I got exactly zero useful feedback :-)
Hi - yes, I just installed your latest bootmenu and it all went swimmingly, I didn't bother with telnet or dropbear though. I've now booted into a cloned OS 2008 on mmc2 and rebooted back into the internal flash. No hitches, no problems. Many thanks!

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Hi - yes, I just installed your latest bootmenu and it all went swimmingly, I didn't bother with telnet or dropbear though. I've now booted into a cloned OS 2008 on mmc2 and rebooted back into the internal flash. No hitches, no problems. Many thanks!
Thanks, one never knows until someone else tries it.