Notices

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by chargen View Post
I noted that the call icons don't appear to show properly on my device.
Thanks again.
Thanks for the feedback chargen. Could you post a screenshot?

Dialled calls show with the same postage-stamp icon as 'sent' in mail and inbound calls show a down arrow (not customized).
Thanks again.
Yeah nasty. The problem is the use of the same icons for sent mail and outgoing calls. Guess I will have to remove that until I can sort something else out. Looks great in the email application, but quite stupid in the phone app. Well spotted.

An update will be very soon.

Just updated with a few more icons and although I removed nearly all the general_sent icons, I missed a couple in the 32x32/hildon, 24x24/hildon and 16x16 folders.
I will fix that next update obviously, but in the mean time you can navigate to it in filebox and delete them. Or just wait. Or use another theme/icon set.
usr/share/icons/faenza-n900-icons/32x32/hildon/general_sent.png
usr/share/icons/faenza-n900-icons/24x24/hildon/general_sent.png
usr/share/icons/faenza-n900-icons/16x16/hildon/general_sent.png

You might have to change themes afterwards, and change back.

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2010-11-11 at 09:20.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I've made a set of icons for the Game System Emulators but since I don't have all the emulators installed I need someone who has them installed to run the code below replacing nameoficon.png with the name of the icon. Please post the results here or just tell me in which folders and sizes they appear. Thanks.

I have already done NES, SNES, GameBoy, and GameBoy Advance.

root
find / -name nameoficon.png

Icon demo below what do you think?

SNES US Version - I have a version with the 4 colored buttons as well.

Nintendo

Gameboy

Gameboy Advance

Sega Master

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-11-11 at 10:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Thanks for the feedback chargen. Could you post a screenshot?

Not sure if you still need it, but here it is:

I've updated to the latest version and will give it a go.

Thanks again!

I've updated to the latest version and will give it a go.

Thanks again!
Yeah thanks. I made an update package but "again" missed and icon or two. Was trying to do to many things at once yesterday. I am just uploading vers 0.1.3-3 which will sort it finally.

Originally Posted by amh View Post
Nice work, however the 'display' icon in the first screenshot looks very similar (identical actually) to the Nvidia logo, which I think is copyrighted. If so, it should be swapped with a graphic that is freely distributable to avoid (however unlikely) legal issues.
The display icon is straight from the Faenza theme for Linux. I will check out what, if any matters might arise from that. I wouldn't want any trouble for maemo.org.

I am sure any single person would be able to use it themselves, but I get where you are coming from with your query. As after all, it is now "being distributed" so to speak, even if it is small scale, free, gnu gpl, or whatever.

Anyway, my n900 has an after market nVidia graphics chip, doesn't yours?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
on mine it doesn't work atall, so I myself us ApMefo and put it to hicolor by myself.so for folder inside menu,ApMefo can read it.
I don't know, how it come doesn't work. even I restarted hildon-desktop nor restarted the device it self.
I just installed it today and it runs fine. I've noticed people saying on here that unintalling and then reinstalling applications sometimes gets them working after a firmware upgrade, have you tried that with Catorise?

Oh and good work with the icons btw .

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
I love this icon set . . . I use it on my desktop and laptop PCs . . . I am using it right now . . . Thanks

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
Thank for this icons! is very beautyfull! i go install this in my N900 and my Ubuntu!

Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
The display icon is straight from the Faenza theme for Linux. I will check out what, if any matters might arise from that. I wouldn't want any trouble for maemo.org.

I am sure any single person would be able to use it themselves, but I get where you are coming from with your query. As after all, it is now "being distributed" so to speak, even if it is small scale, free, gnu gpl, or whatever.

Anyway, my n900 has an after market nVidia graphics chip, doesn't yours?
I think distributing it in a gpl licensed package is dubious unfortunately. Plus, it isn't immediately obvious (unless you know your logos) that it relates to display properties. Why not use something like this instead (there are probably better examples out there)

/wiki/File:Nokia_N900_Maemo_icon.svg

(Edit: just realised Andrew Black's avatar is similar but with a bit more colour.)

Last edited by amh; 2010-11-14 at 01:12.

Updated package version 0.1.4-1.

Fixed bug tracker link.
Added additional icons for a number of applications and bluetooth statusarea icons. Removed gps icons for status (just too busy for the tiny size req.)
Thanks to andrewfblack for the game console icons.
Tweaked icons for other apps. (eg. fmms, blessn900, fennec)

Should be available from repos soon.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
Very cool icon theme, thank you. Just few suggestions:

1) The nvidia logo has no sense imo. Much better the default one.

2) icon theme doesn't suit the cell-modem-ui app, that now shows a question mark (i.e. the information section in settings) instead of the default n900 icon for the tablet mode.

3) the "@" icons in the phone app are very ugly (see screenshot) and not suitable: why an email icon for the phone contacts?

4) the fapman icon seemed a download manager at first sight. Why not the default one?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to cipper For This Useful Post: