Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
Originally Posted by besides View Post
Hi Qobi,

thanks for your detailed post. I am however apprehensive about trying the procedure you outlined simply because I am so unfamiliar with this system and would hate to have something go wrong during the intervention.

Why the heck did it work for this guy? And "out of the box"?
http://nokiaexperts.com/nokia-n900-t...ernal-display/
His keyboard does look different than mine, but it's still BT, right? Even the name (ThinkOutside BT Keyboard) is the same as mine, although mine is iGo branded and made of aluminum.

Although uglier, bigger, and plastickier than mine I would consider buying it if I was assured it worked with the N900.

Can anyone shed more light on this? Thank You in advance for your contribution.
If you read the article that you referenced you see that: "There is no support for the number row, other punctuation or symbols, or any other keys that I could find."

That's exactly the problem we experienced and which were solved with Qobi's help.

Sorry, I thought this thread, as per title, dealt with: "Bluetooth keyboard: connection failed " and not with lack of certain character support. My bad.

I wonder the same thing, everytime I search for this solutions I get this guys article AND I do have the same keyboard AND enabled HID in config and it will pair but when I press a key ...nothing.

Arrrggg so annoying

Here's my latest typing solution following the sale of my beloved E90:

Still rockin' after a decade of faithful service.

HAHA is that a word processor?:

Last edited by venusrising; 2010-02-07 at 08:15.

Originally Posted by MartinNZ View Post
Please Nokia fix this! It is actually very important. I bet most people who buy the N900 expect that BT Keyboards be supported. The device is afterall being touted as a mobile computer...

I hope someone hacks this functionality into the device sometime soon. I'm dissapointed that Nokia hasn't made it a priority.

I need this too, this is such a bummer

Has anyone made any headway getting this to work?

Originally Posted by venusrising View Post
Has anyone made any headway getting this to work?
Follow instructions here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=174

And remember you have to start with the earliest version of the firmware (I used the global version) and update over the air, reconnecting the keyboard each time. See this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=80

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by Cthobs View Post
Apple's wireless keyboard uses encryption. I don't know what the BT setup is on the N900, but if you have a hcid.conf, you will need to add 'auth enable; encrypt enable;' to device {}
For anyone interested: I guess this might now be:
Code:
hciconfig hci0 auth
hciconfig hci0 enable
Unfortunately, this didn't help with the Apple Wireless Keyboard. On the contrary, BT audio quality went down the sack after that

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
which Apple Wireless Keyboard are we talking here? the metal one or the old white one?