Active Topics

http://www.slashgear.com/meego-detai...-more-1381460/
what are your thoughts?

Intel have confirmed that MeeGo v1.1 should land in late October 2010.

Last edited by superg05; 2010-04-14 at 21:52.

I notice on the spec list that the screenshot is for the Intel UX design, Nokia will have their own separate UX design isn't that right? It's a bit 'windows 7'-y looking, maybe the dark colours, and Im not fussed on all the touch buttons being cramped towards the bottom edge on the screenshot showing call handling.. however all the empty space means we get to see a pic of a lovely dog which is great.

The desktop design is nice and fresh looking, quite like that.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Fuk me and waiting till october its bad enough that were are all waiting on p r 1 2 but dam. Anyway im loving the look of meego should be sweet when it comes

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
I really like the look. Nice and clean.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I notice on the spec list that the screenshot is for the Intel UX design, Nokia will have their own separate UX design isn't that right? It's a bit 'windows 7'-y looking, maybe the dark colours, and Im not fussed on all the touch buttons being cramped towards the bottom edge on the screenshot showing call handling.. however all the empty space means we get to see a pic of a lovely dog which is great.

The desktop design is nice and fresh looking, quite like that.
Is this anyway different from Moblin? Only minor changes I think. I tried Moblin when the version 2.0 was released. I liked it on netbook becase it was very fast (boot time and usage in general). I would like something like this on my N810

I'll be dual booting it on my netbook and N900

Hope it's decent.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
I’m happy to see that the social networking ‘integrated experience’ is mentioned because this is an excellent core feature on the Maemo 5-based Nokia N900.

where was that?
me as a N900 user didn't found it. It sucked, except for the status display which was delayed and the share function nothing worked. everything you wanted to do you would of been forwarded to the web-browser, which was amazing, but Facebook wasn't integrated.

Well Meego looks awesome.But to me it looks like it's overloaded with widgets which i doubt would be pleasantly viewable on the n900's small screen.So even if it gets ported,i dont think it willbe as usable as the current OS.

No thanks .. happy with Maemo 5...

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
I'll give an arm and a leg to have portrait mode. for me portrait and the front camera to work (or to disappear) are the only things missing in this os. I can live without the rest.

Tags
meego, no this tag does, this tag rules all others, you lost the game, _i cant' here you, _oh - that's better