Active Topics

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
emm, what "security code nonsense" with MfE are you talking about?

Not being able to use a Mfe account withouthaving to input a code upon locking the device. This is is the only phone I have ever owned Where I had to do that. I consider that a nonsense.

I don't remember why, but there was a decision to not support them at least for sales/PR1.1.

No offence, but why not implement one of the main features of Exchange if you are going to support it?

Not a SW developers decision, believe me Right now can change this setting only by using a hack . As far as I remember, now that hack become a bit more complicated because of some new aegis rules (because now you need to get a backup, change the accounts DB and then restore the backup on the device).

I know, I was using the hack before 1.1, but that's the same as the previous answer Sergey, stating someone made the decision to not support it isn't much use. Why? Everyone else supports both? Were no lessons learned from the n900 feedback for that mail client? How many people would have used that as their main device except for the limitations in modest? Yet the same issues appear again?

I just don't understand that line of thought, sorry.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I noticed something strange with one of my N950 IMAP email accounts today; I have the account configured to be always up-to-date. When checking the IMAP server log files, it seems that the e-mail client has been logging in constantly every 5 seconds (filling up the server log files). Is this normal behaviour?
It is happening only with one account on one device? In always up-to-date mode IMAP account should establish IDLE connection and after that no LOGIN commands should be sent to the server (at least while there is no need it). Can you check the logs (messageserver's logs)? Maybe you got some kind of a bug in QMF.
I had similar situation for couple of days. Mail was checked continuously from IMAP push enabled account and messageserver was chewing CPU cycles like there's no tomorrow. I have nice log files of the situation. However, as last resort before filing bug I deleted and recereated the account at N9 "Account" application and the messageserver loop disappeared.

If you would like to see the logs I can provide them. I can't interpret what is happening in logs. It looks like msgindexer can't turn the "pushEnabled" to "1", it keeps returnin as "0". I suspect my problem started with "Reset -> Restore settings" and then restoring from backup.

I don't have the problem currently so I assume it's no use to file a bug. Let me know if you want to see the logs anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to sconf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sconf View Post
I had similar situation for couple of days. Mail was checked continuously from IMAP push enabled account and messageserver was chewing CPU cycles like there's no tomorrow. I have nice log files of the situation. However, as last resort before filing bug I deleted and recereated the account at N9 "Account" application and the messageserver loop disappeared.

If you would like to see the logs I can provide them. I can't interpret what is happening in logs. It looks like msgindexer can't turn the "pushEnabled" to "1", it keeps returnin as "0". I suspect my problem started with "Reset -> Restore settings" and then restoring from backup.

I don't have the problem currently so I assume it's no use to file a bug. Let me know if you want to see the logs anyway.
I have not experienced the same issue again since I reported it, but I will submit logs in case it occurs again. I have three IMAP push accounts configured on my device, and the problem occured with only one of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thomascolliers View Post
Since I set up my exchange account, I've been forced to have autolock on "No delay". I removed the exchange account from the phone but the only option remains "No delay". So this is a bug and I need to find a way to fix this.

I found a thread on this thread on Nokia Support forums but the only option they could give me is to clear my device. I have tried "Restore settings" but that didn't fix it.

Where can I manually change this setting? I should have the option to ignore this serverside policy anyway... I did not find a gconf setting for this (maemo had /system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_autolock_enabled but it doesn't work on meego) nor have I found anything in the dot-files of the homedir. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
My observations regarding settings|secutity|device lock|autolock on n9 | harmattan 1.2:
Same behavior of N900 and N9 as 'thomascolliers' described concerning the lack of 'autolock choices' with a Zarafa 6.40 server (z-push 1.5.6 with 'loose provisioning' set to true in config.php).

And perhaps little bit off topic: Syncing completely ok (with one exception: multiple hole day appointments set on N9 or on server are shown as several single day appointments. After editing on N900 correctly shown on N900 N9 and zarafa-webaccess)

Regards, ...

The Following User Says Thank You to antonB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
How to question...I have two different email addresses that are forwarded to gmail. These accounts are actual domain name based email addresses. Both accounts are hosted/forwarded by yahoo and both have my first name as the prefix (jeff@).i access both of them through one common gmail loginuser name and password.

Through gmail i can have one common email interface and select my "reply to" when composing. I could do the same thing through the gmail android app on my nexus s.

How can I do this on the N9 through MFE? Or do i need to setup two different accounts somehow?

Last edited by jefftb; 2012-01-01 at 05:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to jefftb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
My first post here...

I got my N9 last week and was so impressed by its features, design, etc... However, I also ended up having the "trying to connect to server" issue... After searching for solutions on nokia's sites I found my way here...

I've never used MFE, instead I've always used the standard email program by nokia. I never had any problems with my N8 or N85...

Honestly, I'm really disappointed... I do use my smartphone mainly to receive emails and it's really horrible that I can't receive emails... I have tried POP3 and IMAP but I always get the same errors. POP3 keeps trying to connect to server and IMAP says "an error has occured".

The only email that is working is the gmail account (which I had to create and redirect my original work-email to it). Although I'm able to receive/send emails the N9 does not synchronize by itself every 10 or 20 minutes (as it should) soI have to check it manually...

I can return the phone at the store until wed and get another one... I was considering android but I really wouldn't like to get rid of this N9 as it's so simple, easy to use and beautiful...

Does anyone at maemo or nokia have a position on this matter?

Instead of "connecting people" it would be much better just "connecting successfully to server"

The Following User Says Thank You to Cmitono For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
I get my N9 next week, I really hope I don't experience the same MfE problems. I have my Gmail set up on my E7 via MfE along with my Google calendar and it syncs beautifully - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will be the same on the N9.
BTW, welcome to the forum! There are some truly generous and smart people here who will help you 1000 times more than the Nokia forum. This is where the real Maemo and MeeGo geeks live!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
Originally Posted by jefftb View Post
How to question...I have two different email addresses that are forwarded to gmail. These accounts are actual domain name based email addresses. Both accounts are hosted/forwarded by yahoo and both have my first name as the prefix (jeff@).i access both of them through one common gmail loginuser name and password.

Through gmail i can have one common email interface and select my "reply to" when composing. I could do the same thing through the gmail android app on my nexus s.

How can I do this on the N9 through MFE? Or do i need to setup two different accounts somehow?
as followup, not having any problems with sync via MFE. I have managed to setup and get two reply or sender fields but one is just a generic gmail account that i used to setup the gmail acct. The two business accounts will not exist simultaneously with each other. Is there any known workaround for this problem?

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
NOKIA is its own enemy. I passed my N9 to my son. Immature OS with simple features. A dumb smartphone if u ask me. I have tried so many times to connect to my work server....gave up and I cant forward my work email to gmail. Bummer!!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
But you've always deliberately avoided Sergey/others attempts to identify/resolve your issues.
So your thoughts don't count....
You don't want to play any constructive part, you're only here to flame on a regular basis.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950