Posts: 29 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Somewhere in Europe
Offering fully functional N900 in very good shape considering it's age. USB port is fully working.

It comes with:
  • original UK power supply
  • Otterbox Defender case
  • GG snap-on gaming controls
  • spare screen protector (in addition to one applied)
  • laser-cut stand
Otterbox case has a tripod mount thread Sugru'ed to it (same thread size like in most cameras) which is placed in the camera sensor axis (panoramas anyone?). If you decide that you don't want it, just let me know and I'll remove it or you should be able to remove it, rub it off and clean the case with alcohol later.

I'm the first owner. N900 was imported from UK because I couldn't find US keyboard layout in Germany at the time I was buying it. It was carried in Otterbox case most of the time. Only took it out for retro-emu gaming occassionally. Since ~2013 it was just resting in a drawer. This summer I've bought higher capacity battery just to check if the phone is still working ... and yes it is. I've also did complete re-flash with up to date community stuff but you might still tweak it to your liking.

Price: SOLD

Photo gallery

Feel free to ask any questions either here or via PM.

Last edited by cube48; 2019-10-10 at 19:04.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cube48 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Thanks for the notifcation, I like this and want your N900 kit! Sent PM earlier, received your reply. Will reply on the Google one (ok not 100% into Google but to move things forward).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Thanks for the notifcation, I like this and want your N900 kit! Sent PM earlier, received your reply. Will reply on the Google one (ok not 100% into Google but to move things forward).
I hate you Just joking, have fun with it

Enviado desde mi Xperia XA2 con Sailfish OS mediante Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
The game gripper, I have a very alpha I wrote with OpenSCAD that was sized for phones with the double-Scud battery cover but requires some tweaking to better align with the charger and headphone jacks; you can still grab it posted on Thingiverse. I had stopped playing with N64 games by that point so never refined it beyond a single working test print.
For those who had it, how was the game gripper, it looked pretty neat and I wanted one a bit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
I hate you Just joking, have fun with it

Enviado desde mi Xperia XA2 con Sailfish OS mediante Tapatalk
I understand your feelings completely

Yet, never being the fastest responder, surprised I got this when noted that I gave you a fair 5 hr advance to react, so please check Talk.maemo.org every hr from now on.
Will try to put it to good use. (the game gripper!!!)

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
The game gripper, I have a very alpha I wrote with OpenSCAD that was sized for phones with the double-Scud battery cover but requires some tweaking to better align with the charger and headphone jacks; you can still grab it posted on Thingiverse. I had stopped playing with N64 games by that point so never refined it beyond a single working test print.
For those who had it, how was the game gripper, it looked pretty neat and I wanted one a bit.
Maybe I should report later, but could you please point me to the repository to go to for the best emulator? Never tried any games on N900 beyond the Mahjong built in one that was excellent if no high scores naming and Flappy Brid proof of concept

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
[QUOTE=ste-phan;1561027](snip)
Maybe I should report later, but could you please point me to the repository to go to for the best emulator? /QUOTE]

Just search for Mupen64, plays some N64 games well others stutter to death. Try Super Mario 64 it runs pretty well even without overclock, 007 though just drags. I set the Mupen64 to use gyros for the analog stick control. Makes 1080 snowboard draggy but still fun. You can search for ideal low processor settings as it has been at least five years since I have tried to play N64 on N900. My kids would probably recommend trying the N64 Zelda titles as they love those on their little cheap AMD64 Cherry Trail Linux box which also has Mupen64.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Every time I think about this device and the way M$oft destroyed Nokia back then, I just feel deeply sad... Imagine how it could have been developed (hardware and software) with N9 and so on. I mean with full Nokia power, in all these years...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sailor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Every time I think about this device and the way M$oft destroyed Nokia back then, I just feel deeply sad... Imagine how it could have been developed (hardware and software) with N9 and so on. I mean with full Nokia power, in all these years...
Well, you certainly are not alone ...

Sometimes I feel Amazed just playing with the multitasking menu's of the N900, wonder in retrospect how this could even exist.
How could Nokia be so stupid to announce this as a step 5 of 6: just wait us and see what's coming next thinking the competition had no means to fight back?

And to think I was torturing the N900 device by opening as many programs (that's how I called "apps" back then) as possible and fantasize how within the next year or 2 on the successor and "final step" all that would be smooth as butter.

Then Microsoft decided it could not allow Linux craziness to spill over to Mobile to Desktop and put an end to all that ... and while doing so they also ended the development behind the only affordable European camera company besides Hasselblad & Leica that would make popular the camera that can call.

Stories aside, fact is it's a hugely missed opportunity for having really usable smartphones.
How could we ever imagine that the mobile phone industry would be taking a decade or even more to get back on track?
Still hoping Americans will take the lead where Nokia dropped the ball with their Purism still in its infant diaper?

N9 with its el cheapo PC design, IMO was already a vastly degraded device over the N900 if not for the 1GB of RAM but it still had to exist in parallel offering the capability to win over the consumers already then getting tired of Android and iOS on every other hardware as can be read in the Engadget review of the time.

Agreed. Why on earth didn't they release also the N950? I mean N9 - ok, fine, that was supposed to be a more mainstream iPhone competitor. But if you have thousands of N950 developer devices, why would you keep it back from the public? That's plain nonsense.

I did talk to people who do not know anything about the background. They say: Oh, I had that N9, it was a really great device, liked it very much...

The Following User Says Thank You to sailor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post

Still hoping Americans will take the lead where Nokia dropped the ball with their Purism still in its infant diaper?

I don't want this because for me, the trust for American companies has gone since US sanctions to Huawei by political desicion, don't letting use Android with Google services for their smartphones. Imagine a day that US bans Europe, what will you do with your American Purism phone? Will you trust on a company that is from a country that take unilateral political decisions like that?
I would like to an European country or countries lead on OS development as was with Nokia, with Symbian and probably it could be with Maemo or Meego, be open source and let the OS be installed in a hardware that you want and like, make a ecosystem with services that are not tied with a country that could be influenced by political decisions.
Probably is just a dream, but something like this is happening with Sailfish and that's why I'm supporting them

Enviado desde mi H3123 mediante Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post: