Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
you are thinking too much..........
Unless you know exactly how they got those phones, product of your thinking is just whining and nothing else.
So, either prove that any of those store jumped the line or just stop thinking.
AFAIK, anyone here could preorder more than one unit. And then put it on ebay.
lmao, there's nothing wrong with feeling wronged when people that paid later are getting their phones before you, when it was explicitly stated that the sooner you pay the sooner you get the phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
congrats stickymick!
Thanks for sharing your info.

Where the headphones included in the 3rd party retail?
I remember an email that said i would receive them within a week after Pro1. But non arrived yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
lmao, there's nothing wrong with feeling wronged when people that paid later are getting their phones before you, when it was explicitly stated that the sooner you pay the sooner you get the phone.
I just made a try to order the Pro1 from Clove Tech, and the price with delivry cost is around 785€. At least with our preoder, the total cost is around 650€, which means a discount of 125€.
But yeah, it's still sucks that, as the contrary of whats pre-orders are and what was written, regular orders can have this phone before pre-orders.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
I just made a try to order the Pro1 from Clove Tech, and the price with delivry cost is around 785€. At least with our preoder, the total cost is around 650€, which means a discount of 125€.
But yeah, it's still sucks that, as the contrary of whats pre-orders are and what was written, regular orders can have this phone before pre-orders.
That or any sort of discount also wasn't why I paid as soon as I did. It was to secure an order that would ship as fast as possible. I'm not saying I'm eager to pay ~800€ for it, but I'm definitely considering it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
congrats stickymick!
Thanks for sharing your info.

Where the headphones included in the 3rd party retail?
I remember an email that said i would receive them within a week after Pro1. But non arrived yet.
No, no headphones were included. But I've already got a good pair that I got off Amazon.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Remember also that the Pro¹ is not crowdfunded (I know some will say it is almost the same due to the delays since payments, but well, it still is not a crowdfunded project), meaning F(x)tec had investors. I am not saying those investors included retailers, but that' is a possibility, especially as Clove seems to be UK-based. Or they could just be pre-orderers or IGG backers too. In both cases, it wouldn't be shocking that they get devices at the same time as pre-orderers.

What increases the feeling of being fooled is the slow production followed by long export process. I don't think anyone would have seen a big issue if individual preorders had been fulfilled in a few weeks as initially planned (meaning many more units per week, and shorter duration between those in one batch, those in another one, and retailers). There still is no general availability, those retailers had very limited stocks, so we can't really jump conclusions that F(x)tec skipped pre-orderers to please stockists.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
https://www.androidauthority.com/fxt...review-960653/
This review really hurts, I hope Chen and team took this feedback seriously. Some of the things can't be fixed like curved screen but software faults? Did they get a faulty unit?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I haven't read the full review yet, but the author claims "Personally, I’m much faster using Gboard". Assuming speed is the only, or even the main parameter to assess a keyboard is a mistake. I know the same author also says in other sentences that the hardware keyboard allows shortcuts and frees some screen estate, but still, his previous comment says a lot. Speed never was the issue with touch keyboards, especially when used with swype.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you Kabouik. The review is flawed in quite a few places.
My first spot was "....the Nokia E97....." didn't exist. He's more than likely talking about the N97.
As for his criticism of the screen and comparison with Samsung Galaxies, I've seen countless Samsungs with shattered screens either in use or being dropped off for replacement. As for the keyboard, he only used it for a week compared to poking away on an iPhone or Samsung for years.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Remember also that the Pro¹ is not crowdfunded (I know some will say it is almost the same due to the delays since payments, but well, it still is not a crowdfunded project), meaning F(x)tec had investors. I am not saying those investors included retailers, but that' is a possibility, especially as Clove seems to be UK-based. Or they could just be pre-orderers or IGG backers too. In both cases, it wouldn't be shocking that they get devices at the same time as pre-orderers.

What increases the feeling of being fooled is the slow production followed by long export process. I don't think anyone would have seen a big issue if individual preorders had been fulfilled in a few weeks as initially planned (meaning many more units per week, and shorter duration between those in one batch, those in another one, and retailers). There still is no general availability, those retailers had very limited stocks, so we can't really jump conclusions that F(x)tec skipped pre-orderers to please stockists.
some clearly can

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit