I still can't install some most important apps - like UKMP & Maemo Mapper, but manage to install MPlayer.

I did re-flash the OS2008 ROM second time for my N800 without restore anything and remove all memory cards.

Always show "Unable to install XXX. installation file corrupted"

Anyone have solution? Don't looks like network problem?? Is it those files on server was corrupted? Anyone successfully install these two apps in these two days?

Saka

Originally Posted by TheGogmagog View Post
For starters they say don't restore settings from 2007. You may need to re flash.
Second, with a few exceptions the 2007apps won't work on os2008.

Before you re flash you can try this, go into application manager -> Tools -> Application catalog, and delete all your repositories.
Then go to the repository master list select your os2008 and select all repositories and install them.

Then hope you can update the available apps. The repositories are under a large strain and it's not likely it will update. I started disabling repositories, updating, then adding them back one or two at a time to identify what repositories were not loading.

Once you do that search for the 2008 versions of your apps and re-install.
Well said.

I got the "Size mismatch" error message on the Application Manager - Log

I loaded everything from
http://gronmayer.com/it/index.php?lang=en&system=maemo4

Would not refresh.

I disabled the following after some trial and error until I could refresh without errors:

maemo Extras
Maemo Chinook
Maemo Bora
Austinche
Austinche

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
You can leave those enabled. Even though App Manager reports "Operation Failed", the app list is still refreshed. That seems to just be App Manager's overstated way of saying that some repositories had errors while refreshing.

p.s. There is a log file you can view in App Manager to see which repositories are not working.

The last four repositories cause problems for my tablet. The Mohammed Sameer, qt4 and the two jabber.dk. I have not tried every combination of these four to see which will work. These could cause you problems.

I finally can install UKMP & Maemo Mapper yesterday without do anything in my N800.

I think is the Python install file problem in the server.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Pike's Peak Region. Look Up!!!
I had the same problems trying to install CAnaola 2 on 2008 but I think it is partly because I selected "restore" after upgrading the OS to 2008.

That was a mistake as some buggy code may be revelaed that way. I did NOT need to rename repostory to repository anywhere after I reloaded2008 and then canceled without doing a restore.

All Apps now install fine including Canola 2 . I had tried 10 times at various times of day before i finally reloaded 2008. Since I had just bought the N800 restoring was not urgent to me. I just moved a couple thigs over to the Sd before reloading.

Hope this helps,

E

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Rhein-main valley
Humm, now I have the unable to proceed due to low memory message during Xornal install but my n800 (with os2008) is hung. for the last half hour it has been sitting with the installing window open with no progress. It will not let me open the control panel or a shell to kill it. Is there a way to reset this puppy without bricking the os in the process????