Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
While 'old' version works, 'new' versions seems to be doing nothing here, but presenting a coverpage - clicking it doesnt change a thingy, double-click exists the coverpage

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
While 'old' version works, 'new' versions seems to be doing nothing here, but presenting a coverpage - clicking it doesnt change a thingy, double-click exists the coverpage
swipe on the cover to switch, after clicking the available action turns to exit

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
nieldk: there is newer version available. Switching works in both versions by swiping. In older version you have exit works with double tap, newer with tap and swipe as szopin wrote.

The Following User Says Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Does this has the "loop problem" effect that Jolla staff has been told not to use?

Edit: Will wait until the 'fall back to 3G' function is available

I do not know what "loop problem" you are writing about.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I do not know what "loop problem" you are writing about.
Please read this:
http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23jo...02-25.log.html

(Start reading from "09:32" about the 4G discussion)

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Please read this:
http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23jo...02-25.log.html

(Start reading from "09:32" about the 4G discussion)
Code:

HtheBfor what I know of, not the device itself, but the mobilephone number can be banned :)
Well, they most certainly can ban all phones from one manufacturer. Blacklisting is done by IMEI, so its easy (and have been done here in DK) to blacklist a series of IMEIS.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Code:

HtheBfor what I know of, not the device itself, but the mobilephone number can be banned :)
Well, they most certainly can ban all phones from one manufacturer. Blacklisting is done by IMEI, so its easy (and have been done here in DK) to blacklist a series of IMEIS.
That is why I want to know if this Radio Switcher app is still vulnerable for this issue...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Messages I have got from Jolla staff have all been positive regarding this Radio Switcher and nobody has asked or even mentioned anything like that.

Of course that talk is pretty much true what comes to banning devices and badly behaving cellular radios. This device however is a derivate of an Orange phone, or so I have been told by Jolla staff, and it uses Qualcomm hardware and cellular modem software which all have been certified, AFAIK. There can be interference and high radiation levels on short range because of possible differences in PCB and component layout and protection compared to that Orange product and LTE modem may require some tuning before LTE capability can be deployed.

I do not know for sure. Anyway second post in this thread was not about that this application should not be used but where to get the source code.

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-03-14 at 17:59.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Turns out Virgin hadn't enabled my 4g, hence the app not working

No problems now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:

Tags
cellular radio, jolla