I have bad news.

The hammerhead may not be able to get SFOS 4.0.1. The reason its old kernel version which is 3.4.
On the release note of SFOS 4.0.1 Koli it says: "The lowest supported kernel version of Sailfish 4 in the remaining Sailfish OS devices is 3.10."

I've built a 4.0.1 image for the hammerhead but it doesn't boot (stuck on the boot logo) as /system is not mounted. If we don't find a workaround, the latest SFOS version for this great device could be 3.4.0.24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@edp17

Maybe something like this could help?

https://github.com/sailfishos-oneplu...761ba146cdf922

Wanted to try this myself, but i somehow screwed up my SDK environment... :-D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
AD? Take a look at the other topic here.
Thank you, it works properly.
However, there is not much use as it's still Android 4.4. None of my favourite apps (Chrome, FB Lite, Msg Lite) are working on it.

The hammerhead may not be able to get SFOS 4.0.1. The reason its old kernel version which is 3.4.
I've seen the requirements in the release notes, but I hoped there is some kind of workaround.

Originally Posted by tice View Post
Thank you, it works properly.
However, there is not much use as it's still Android 4.4. None of my favourite apps (Chrome, FB Lite, Msg Lite) are working on it.

I've seen the requirements in the release notes, but I hoped there is some kind of workaround.
That AD will stay at 4.4.

On the update to SFOS 4.0.1 there is hope as somebody has already made it work on a device with kernel version 3.0.
Now, I've managed to fix the firejail issue on my Note4 port and firejail finally works as expected . So, I'll go back to my hammerhead port.
Will keep you all posted if there is any progress.

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@edp17

I'll try those. Bear in mind that in SFOS 4.0.1 all services have moved from /lib/systemd/ to /usr/lib/systemd ! (I've realised this on my Note4 port when, after the boot, none of my services started.

To fix your SDK I recommend you to delete these folders (with all their contents) and then set them up from scratch again:
  • sdks
  • targets
  • toolings
Then, for building 4.0.1, update all three submodules:
  • rpm/dhd
  • hybris/droid-configs/droid-configs-device
  • hybris/droid-hal-version-$DEVICE

This time you'll need to update the mer-kernel-check as well because there are a few extra kernel requirements for this new release.

Oh, yes and one more thing before you start building:
delete hybris/mw/libhybris folder and do a clean up on the hybris/mw/libgbinder (in the sdk: cd hybris/mw/libgbinder; git clean -x -f -d).
Then you won't get errors like I did.

Oh, and the last one. When you create tooling and target, use the direct link rather than the *latest* because the latest is not pointing to the latest yet! (you'll need the URL that starts with Sailfish_OS-4.0.1.45*)

Good luck!

@edp17

I just realised there already is a system.mount service in place. But for a reason, it doesn't work. Some logs are here. (It only shows the content of system.mount) I think the problem at lines: 691, 692, 693 and 694

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Nice work! What did you do to fix the mounting issue?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Nice work! What did you do to fix the mounting issue?
It was nothing about the mount points. The problem was kind of related to the firejail/sailjail, in terms of I needed the same two patches in the kernel. Once I added those two patches, the device booted up and the apps (with firejail/sailjail) also worked fine. (Well, except the weather because for a reason that cannot find any location.)
I think you will need to apply these two patches:
fs/statfs.c
fs/stat.c

Now, I am fighting with the AD. I've managed to start but so far cannot install any app.

Plus one more issue so far, the Bluetooth cannot be paired (so it doesn't work).

I'll keep you posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Have you tried to install Android apps via cli?

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid