Actually it doesn't seem to be available in all 12 european countries listed on that page : Austria, Germany and France have the "not in stock" mention. And of course I live in one of those :-)

So, the feeding frenzy begins. At least overseas.

At the moment, I could use a 770. Am at CompUSA accessing the net on one of their AOL demo notebooks! I could've been relaxing in Bryant Park doing this (which is where I was an hour ago, WiFi-less & 770-less!).

Ah well. Maybe next time!

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Andy: Another slight kink - - the country seems to be hardcoded. Looks like no shipping outside designated areas.

Also, what's up with the UK price? Once currency conversion is done it's a tonne more.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
Andy: Another slight kink - - the country seems to be hardcoded. Looks like no shipping outside designated areas.
Bummer

Also, what's up with the UK price? Once currency conversion is done it's a tonne more.
The UK Price includes VAT at 17.5%. COnversion to Euro (1.479 to the £) is about right and the Tax free price converts to just over 365USD and just under 440CND.

Is that the price you get, pre tax?

Last edited by andymulhearn; 2005-11-04 at 08:05.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
Wow I wasn't expecting this news when I got to work and checked ITT as usual!

Having tried to get to the order site from nokia.com or nokia.co.uk I realised I had to read the posting properly and followed the link to Nokia direct.

It's slightly more expensive than I was hoping for £200 would have been a lot better, but hey the anticipation is almost unbearable and I've placed my order with express delivery of course - patience is an alien concept.

Look forward to receiving it soon - I guess that as express states 1 day delivery it means I won't get it until Monday - it almost makes me want to take the day off work to play!

I'll post pictures when I get it.

BTW to check order status, use the order link in the original post and the order tracking link is at the top right of the ordering page - enter your email address and order number to check.

Last edited by martymcr; 2005-11-04 at 07:46.

Loving it! Loving it!

What a nice way to brighten up a dull day. All ordered, I hope it arrives tomorrow but I am betting that it will take some time.

Let the race begin to upload those photos!!!!

Have you ordered the 770 from the Nokia site? I really want to order one of these units

Ooops, just found the link

Last edited by pytey; 2005-11-04 at 10:54.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
Also ordered a 512MB RS-MMC card from www.expansys.com - they do next day delivery for £2.95.

The card costs about £27

1GB cards are 3 times this price which seems rather unfair.

Last edited by martymcr; 2005-11-04 at 12:00.

Originally Posted by martymcr
Also ordered a 512MB RS-MMC card from www.expansys.com - they do next day delivery for £2.95.

The card costs about £27
Those seems very cheap don't they. I've been holding off buying a 1gig mmc card to watch some larger films on my Ipaq because RS-MMC looks about half the price.

Yes, I have to admit this is slightly more expensive than I expected. Still ordering one though