Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
I do not believe ever this soft we could use it,because google must be extremely stupid to allow another platform to use their product without having to pay for this.Probably has nightmares since e-yes make available for us.There are 2 solutions or install umayn12 or have to wait for someone with enough knowledge and is committed to the principles of linux os and is the main use of free software, but we live in the 21st century in which, money, power, intrigue, lies, envy of hypocrisy are raised piedistal unlike normal human traits.But Everyone needs to eat at least 3 times a day and this is related to capital (money) so we can not blame google we do not deliver this application provided that you want for free.Well there is this forum and thank all the developers who fully conscious we provide this option to take advantage of their work and it freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
nokia will have to buy alien dalvik ,there is not much bargain about this ..

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
nokia will have to buy alien dalvik ,there is not much bargain about this ..
Especially because Elop wants to kill rest of the Meego ASAP from Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Dalvik is à myth for Co. sumers. Will never be anything for the consumer.

(hope im wrong but know im right)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
There something new, but similar, on the horizon:
OpenMobile’s ACL brings over 250,000 Android apps to MeeGo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mmlado View Post
There something new, but similar, on the horizon:
OpenMobile’s ACL brings over 250,000 Android apps to MeeGo
Great. Now we would just need one manufacturer to do Meego devices, as Nokia won't.

I tell you, it is a conspiracy to kill Meego and have all mobile OSs under NSA's control in USA.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by disappear View Post
I do not believe ever this soft we could use it,because google must be extremely stupid to allow another platform to use their product without having to pay for this.
Google don't receive a penny for the Android OS - income and revenue are not the reason why it exists, instead it's to ensure Google have a Search and Advertising presence on mobile devices, as that's where the income is derived from and not the OS (also very little income from Android application sales).

Due to this, I see no reason why Google would have a problem with third-party Android apps running on other devices, as long as Google continue to gain income from search and in-app advertisements.

Microsoft and Nokia, on the other hand, would not want to see Alien Dalvik supported on non-Android platforms and I can easily believe they would do all they could to ensure that Alien Dalvik forever remains as vapourware.

However, there is a new Android-on-MeeGo pretender: OpenMobile ACL. Fingers crossed this isn't vapourware and does make it to market, on Maemo, MeeGo and Harmattan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Milhouse
Microsoft and Nokia, on the other hand, would not want to see Alien Dalvik supported on non-Android platforms and I can easily believe they would do all they could to ensure that Alien Dalvik forever remains as vapourware.
Here I think you're wrong.Nokia could only benefit from this software,the question is at what price

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Jolla...

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Jolla...
No, they've already denied that when everyone & their dog was claiming it, it's FAR from certain.
There's several other approaches they can take (& combinations), which they've hinted at...*
God knows why this thread was revived, anyone who takes the time to read it & all the related ones, would know it's a fallacy/farce.

*and that's for the Jolla thread, not this "dead" thread, apologies if I don't respond, I'm unsubscribing.

*EDIT*
Looks like the person who bumped this thread deleted their post, this was their post:
Originally Posted by Ntweat
Bumping this

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-10-10 at 13:50.

Tags
2014 no dalvik, android, dalvik, its christmas!, java vm, just shoot me, maemo, meegdroid, meego