Active Topics

I saw somewhere on this forum (or maybe in the wiki) a list of applications that are pretty much pointless to have in 2020 and can be safely purged.
Can somebody help me find it, or create one? For apt-get.

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
This one is in the "Perfect setup for N900". I have just taken away the skype-installer because it is already removed (atleast in my image) so otherwise this won't work: I have this in my documents in sdcard.

apt-get remove --purge hildon-theme-beta osso-chess-ui gnuchess osso-graphics-game-chess osso-lmarbles osso-graphics-game-lmarbles osso-sounds-game-chess maemoblocks ap-installer amazon-installer foreca-installer facebook-installer dtg-installer tutorial-home-applet osso-tutorial-l10n-engb osso-tutorial-l10n-ptpt osso-tutorial-l10n-frca osso-tutorial-l10n-nlnl osso-tutorial-l10n-cscz osso-tutorial-l10n-itit osso-tutorial-l10n-eses osso-tutorial-l10n-svse osso-tutorial-l10n-frfr osso-tutorial-l10n-dede osso-tutorial-l10n-fifi osso-tutorial-l10n-nono osso-tutorial-l10n-esmx osso-tutorial-l10n-enus osso-tutorial-l10n-ruru osso-tutorial-l10n-mr0 osso-tutorial-l10n-plpl osso-systemui-splashscreen sharing-service-flickr sharing-service-ovi chinese-font google-search-widget tutorial-home-applet osso-mahjong osso-graphics-game-mahjong osso-sounds-game-mahjong ovi-promotion-widget

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
If someone knows something else to uninstall without breaking the device I would be happy to know them too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
This one is in the "Perfect setup for N900".
Ah thanks, that's what I was looking for!
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_The_Perfect_Setup#Software
Combined it with this and a few other comments from that thread, some trial and error, came up with this:
Code:
apt-get purge ap-installer amazon-installer foreca-installer dtg-installer tutorial-home-applet osso-systemui-splashscreen sharing-service-flickr sharing-service-ovi chinese-font google-search-widget tutorial-home-applet ovi-promotion-widget osso-tutorial* cherry adobe-flashplayer camel-as-provider-0 as-config-applet* as-daemon-0 as-utils camelisync facebook* hildon-startup-progress hildon-welcome-default-logo microb-geolocation rtcom-accounts-plugin-gtalk rtcom-accounts-plugin-nokiachat osso-accounts-plugin-skype rtcom-abook-skype-plugin
Haven't actually rebooted yet...

edit:
reboot, all is good so far.

Last edited by nonsuch; 2020-01-27 at 04:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
So you posted a small gif instead of the code? I would like to see what's in and how it differs with the one I posted above.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82641

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
You could try " apt-get uninstall all" and start fresh..
XD

It would definitely be interesting to watch you do it.
Film it and put it on YouTube as a warning to others.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
So you posted a small gif instead of the code? I would like to see what's in and how it differs with the one I posted above.
You can't see the code box?
Maybe you need a better browser (only teasing)
Here it is again without a code box:

apt-get purge ap-installer amazon-installer foreca-installer dtg-installer tutorial-home-applet osso-systemui-splashscreen sharing-service-flickr sharing-service-ovi chinese-font google-search-widget tutorial-home-applet ovi-promotion-widget osso-tutorial* cherry adobe-flashplayer camel-as-provider-0 as-config-applet* as-daemon-0 as-utils camelisync facebook* hildon-startup-progress hildon-welcome-default-logo microb-geolocation rtcom-accounts-plugin-gtalk rtcom-accounts-plugin-nokiachat osso-accounts-plugin-skype rtcom-abook-skype-plugin

But after that I still have the Ovi store in my app menu. What package does it belong to?

PS: What browser are you using on N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
On TMO micro-b. It is like a must. TMO has to work with the default browser. Otherwise I may use Opera, Netsurf, Iceweasel and now trying again optimize the Chromium 57.

I never thought that apt-get uninstall all could work. Maybe I try it when is the right moment. Almost reflashed yesterday evening.