Active Topics

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
"A blog post is being drafted as we speak. We can't announce anything before that post is public"

https://twitter.com/reviewjolla/stat...59117266358273
Given the time they need to "draft" it, this must be a work of art.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
They are uploading the installation images to their servers and this takes time, thats for sure :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
They are uploading the installation images to their servers and this takes time, thats for sure :-)
Uploading 2GB taking time..?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
A blog post update from Jolla:

Shortly also about the Sony Xperia X project, as we realize many are waiting for news about it: we’re working on the project and we will update you next week about the next steps.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
A blog post update from Jolla:
A week to wait something... Hope that this time they release a launch day for Sailfish for the Xperia X, and give us more information. It's so stressful this situation

Enviado desde mi Xperia Z2 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
I have the feeling they can say what they want. There will always be people who are not satisfied. They'll give news next week. It isn't hard to understand. This will still be in time for what they told us.

Sure, I also can't wait to see what they will release. But on the other side we're complaining if they tell us too much before and do not reach their goal. If they tell us nothing before, we're also complaining.

It would have been better for them not telling us about Xperia and launching it unannounced. Surprise!

Let's see what time brings and let's complain later when there's some reason for it.

Last edited by Hensch; 2017-06-22 at 13:20.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
A week to wait something... Hope that this time they release a launch day for Sailfish for the Xperia X, and give us more information. It's so stressful this situation

Enviado desde mi Xperia Z2 mediante Tapatalk
A professor of me once taught us what he learned after moving from northern Germany to the rhine area:

When he ordered printing of his scripts he got a delivery date confirmed by the printer. On the day the scripts were due he went to the printer to pick up his printed scripts. However, he only got a vague explanation about other more urgent matter and a new date of delivery.

What he learned was, that the first scheduled date is an optimistic estimation of a day where the printer expected to be able to name a more reliable date of delivery.

After the professor has learned this lesson he had quite a relaxed living in the rhine area.

Maybe one of the Jolla guys once lived in the rhine area ...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
This will still be in time for what they told us.
No, it simply isn't. Unless they release it next week (unlikely, unless I read the Jolla Statement wrong) they don't meet their announced time target (release to customers by the end of Q2/2017). Imagine a supplier who announced to deliver by the end of June comes to you one week before the due date and says: "Come on, don't be so impatient, I will tell you something next week anyways." Even if this comparison is flawed - for me todays statement is one more proof that they are unable to communicate professionally to the community.

Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
I have the feeling they can say what they want. There will always be people who are not satisfied.
The people who are not satisfied are a minority by now. The big majority has turned their backs to Jolla and Sailfish a long time ago. The minority who is dissatisfied has every reaason to be so. There were so many setbacks in the last few years. I don't think I need to mention them, but missed timelines and bad communication to the community was an issue in most of them.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LameDuck For This Useful Post:
Let's not speculate. It's just a week to wait.
And then you can release your fury

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Let's not speculate. It's just a week to wait.
And then you can release your fury
A week is nothing. We have soon waited 3 years. THREE years so I guess we can handle a week.

I'm not intressted in buying anything next week unless I'm a lucky random Refund winner in game of ...

Yeah. A week is nothing. They could atleast said a month. That would have been more of a challenge

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x