Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
6.9 also works.
I don't know the latest working version, it's enough 6.4.13 for daily use IMHO

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Mine still updated

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
My Alien Dalvik was behaving weirdly, so I deleted vending.apk and vending-1.apk manually, then installed play store 6.9 via MTP and a file manager, which appeared in /opt/alien/data/app/ as vending-2. So I touched vending, vending-1 and vending-3 (for good measure/luck) and made all four chattr +i (immutable). And it is all working and hasn't auto-updated so far, even when I poke the version number to manually self-update.
I have noticed that the All Apps tab adjacent to the updates screen doesn't work any more though, but no great loss.

Many thanks Ancelad + Bundyo!

I have a feeling some other 7.x version will work too, though my original 7.6 did work a couple of weeks ago, but manually installing 7.6 now doesn't work (maybe Google are doing some a/b testing or something). I'm happy to stick with the latest 6.x, even though the update UI in 7.x is a bit nicer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
anymore new solution?

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Unfortunately none that I am aware of.

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
anymore new solution?
What do you mean? The solution Ancelad outlined works fine. I imagine the problem Bundyo was having was that the vending apk had assigned itself a different number (as happened to me) which also needed a chattr.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
What do you mean? The solution Ancelad outlined works fine. I imagine the problem Bundyo was having was that the vending apk had assigned itself a different number (as happened to me) which also needed a chattr.
Mine still auto updated..

EDIT: Seem ok now

Last edited by TMavica; 2017-04-30 at 17:11.

Just noticed that my Jolla 1 is stuck on 7.6.08 and still works fine (won't manually update past that even though 7.7 is available) so downloaded that and tried it on my C but that didn't work either. Seems 6.9 is the best bet.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
I am having these problems also. I even tried to reset phone but it seems that Google APKs doensn't get deleted after phone factory reset. It seems that these files are located under /mnt/vendor_data.

Is there way to fully remove Google APKs? As stated, uninstalling from Warehouse doesn't actually remove remove packages and it gets reinstalled.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
just remove aliendalvik package, then remove /opt/alien folder