Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Is there still a way to check which version of Android was installed on a flashed Sailfish device? I have a terrible doubt... :-(

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Access to the store was added by pketo for XZ2c single sim, please test.

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
Is there still a way to check which version of Android was installed on a flashed Sailfish device? I have a terrible doubt... :-(
Don't worry, as AOSP is overwritten by the included flash files. It is mainly blobs and firmware that is left, but if it works - all is fine

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Access to the store was added by pketo for XZ2c single sim, please test.
Thank you so much \o/ Noson will be the first app I will install haha

first of all: thank you rinigus for the great port!

SFOS is running fine on my XZ3 since 3 days. Today I updated to 3.4.0.34

And: I just encountered the issue you addressed on Github last year:

@rinigus rinigus commented Nov 3, 2019In Settings (Backup, Storage) and Camera app settings, local storage partitions are listed as if they are on extrenal sd card. Options like mounting and formatting are proposed in Settings/Storage.These partitions / disks should be blacklisted. Possibly, can be done via udev rules

is there anything I can do about?

BTW: the SDcard is mounted, but not shown in Sailfish file manager.

Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
first of all: thank you rinigus for the great port!

SFOS is running fine on my XZ3 since 3 days. Today I updated to 3.4.0.34

And: I just encountered the issue you addressed on Github last year:

@rinigus rinigus commented Nov 3, 2019In Settings (Backup, Storage) and Camera app settings, local storage partitions are listed as if they are on extrenal sd card. Options like mounting and formatting are proposed in Settings/Storage.These partitions / disks should be blacklisted. Possibly, can be done via udev rules

is there anything I can do about?

BTW: the SDcard is mounted, but not shown in Sailfish file manager.
See https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=136

Same applies here

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
See https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=136

Same applies here
Thank you for your fast response!

So I was too quick - was missing the new browser too badly.

Just consider myself as an alpha user. The good news is that everything appears to fine, except for:
  • the issue I found tonight
  • plus: I just found that the volume up/down button don't work anymore so I cannot change sound volume atm
  • and: camera apparently doesn't work

Maybe there will be fixes one day

So, thanks again !

Last edited by JoOppen; 2020-11-06 at 08:41.

rinigus, thank you for the port!

I recently purchased XZ2 (H8216) with the sole purpose of installing SFOS, and it came pre-loaded with Android 10.

Is there a path to installing SFOS with Android 10? All instructions I see here and on XDA refer to AOSP9 as seed (and Android 10 as a future possibility only if porting happens). Are there any safe instructions on how to downgrade back to Android 9 if that's the requirement?

Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
Are there any safe instructions on how to downgrade back to Android 9 if that's the requirement?
Albeit referencing XZ2 Compact all details should be found here, although some links maybe out of date. There is a new version of Xperifirm available as only installed it a few days ago:https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...id-10-t4071111

Please ensure that device is functioning for network and camera under both Android 10 & 9 before installing Sailfish OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Indeed, test the device first on Android. That way you would be sure that the bugs, if any, are coming from the port.

The last time I tried, I could flash SFOS directly from Android 10 install. This assuming that you also flash OEM AOSP9 too, as linked in README. However, I am not 100% sure it still works with the latest Android 10. I think Thaodan was reporting some issues with it. So, try to downgrade first.

Even if it doesn't work, you can still get back to fastboot mode and reflash device. Just stay calm, connect USB and if it is in reboot-after-reboot mode, hold VolUp while rebooting (or try to hit the correct moment).

Camera does suck, but the rest of the device is a joy to use. Hope is to get camera improved when AOSP10 base is supported.