Posts: 110 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton
I received my N900 from Vodafone last week, and am gradually falling in love with it, and its overtaking my N95 in my affection, which I thought wasnt possible!

BUT..... I just cannot get emails to send I've read every thread possible, have spent ages on the phone to vodafone, and have been into the Vodafone store.

Vodafone are sending me a new sim card as they think this could be the problem, but the Vodafone store tried this yesterday. The only difference after they played with it is where you have the option to edit smtp settings I now have 2 boxes for contract WAP where I previously had 1 and one for my Be Box - home wireless.

Today vodafone said that they have had some problems with their send.vodafone.net, and to keep trying, but I find this hard to believe.

I have tried 2 different email accounts, both receive,neither will send. They start to send, then say failed.

Its imperative I can send emails for my job !

I've tried Hotmail, and my work email is through 1and1.co.uk

Yahoo doesnt even set up at all, but I'm not too worried as easy enough to get from website, but my work email webmail takes forever to load and is a huge page.

any ideas anyone? Please be gentle and explain simply, although I'm quite teccy a lot of it goes over my head!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
on 3G and on wifi same problem? Wonder that wifi has probably nothing to do with vodafones connection.

I have 1and1 working just fine using Imap on vodafone
outgoing email server is
auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk

I havent tried, I'm wireless at the moment. I will try with it turned off - I sort of thought that was why I needed to set smtp for wap and wifi and tick for all connections

I'm having another go now, should I tick secure authentication
and secure connection, its defaulted at none currently, should I change it?

sorry, I meant tick 'use connection specific smtp servers'
should I tick this, or just leave it?

I'm sure on my 95 it was send.vodafone and it worked through wap or wifi, but maybe I;m wrong

Hi Mike,
I set it us as pop, maybe this is a problem, I will try it.....so you use auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk, not vodafone setiings?

Originally Posted by cortina61 View Post
I havent tried, I'm wireless at the moment. I will try with it turned off - I sort of thought that was why I needed to set smtp for wap and wifi and tick for all connections

I'm having another go now, should I tick secure authentication
and secure connection, its defaulted at none currently, should I change it?
mine works on wifi as well.
secure authentication is not checked.

just for ref incoming server is
imap.1and1.co.uk port 143

outgoing port is 25

still n luck and actually worse now as I have no incoming mail, will go back and try again and do pop and auth.smtp ......

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
looks like the pop and imap are okay. I use 1and1.co.uk
may be worth checking the settings they have on the site.
usually the username will be "name@domain.com" for both incoming and outgoing authentication

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
I might not have a solution, but a problem as well so you might want to check if you have the same setup.

I have 3 IMAP accounts configured and ICan access and send mails from my office wireless. I also can send and receive mails over wifi at other places. Only at home it does not work. As soon as I switch too 2g or 3g it works.

The strange thing is that I can use the same account on a Samsung jet 8000 witthout problem over wireless.

Only my N900 does absolutely nothing when IClick on send and receive. It is not like it is trying to conect and is throwing an error - no - it is doing absolutely nothing.

IAm using a D-Link DSL 2740B

what are you using and does the mail work over 2g or at other locations with wifi?

RegardsMarkus

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/