Notices

hi keynya

thx a lot for your work so far!

i can install your package successfully, but on first start i got a python-error telling me that sqlalchemy was missing. i've installed the package python-sqlalchemy and the error was gone. instead a new one occurred: "no-module named sipconfig". i haven't found a package for this so far. do you know what's the name of the package which provides this module?
so it looks like the package needs to be extended with some dependencies...

cheers
simon

Hi marphy,

I have absolutely no idea what this sipconfig error means. Have you started anki from the terminal? If yes, then could you please copy-paste the error message into this thread. Maybe this helps to solve the problem. Thanks for mentioning the missing sqlalchemy package. I will see how I can add it to the dependencies.

cheers,

keynya

Update 1: I have looked at the sipconfig file on my N900, a package called "python2.5-sip4-dev" is needed to get this file. I will also add this to the dependencies of ankiqt900.

Update 2: there is a new version (1.2.7-4) of ankiqt900 in the devel repository. It has the two dependencies (python-sqlalchemy and python2.5-sip4-dev) added. I also changed some things for the desktop icon. It looks like ankiqt900 is stable now when started using the desktop icon. I don't know why though .

Last edited by keynya; 2011-03-10 at 19:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to keynya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Netherlands
Hey keynya,

thanks for your effort with this. I was able to install it after the deinstallation of old ankiqt.

Yesterday I could start it but it broke after several minutes. Now I updated the package and can't start it anymore - no matter if terminal or desktop icon.

I get the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anki", line 27, in <module>
    ankiqt.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ankiqt/__init__.py", line 183, in run
    ui.importAll()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ankiqt/ui/__init__.py", line 15, in importAll
    import facteditor
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ankiqt/ui/facteditor.py", line 7, in <module>
    from PyQt4.QtSvg import *
ImportError: No module named QtSvg
I don't understand it, do I need the package QtSvg? Where do I get it then??

Thanks in advanced!

Best,
studiosus

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
try: apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui

Originally Posted by Elhana View Post
try: apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui
Seems not to help. It proclaims that the newest version is installed.

Code:
~# apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
python2.5-qt4-gui is already the newest version.
python2.5-qt4-gui set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 41 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up libmikmod2 (3.1.11-a-2) ...
Optifying usr/share/doc/libmikmod2 -> /opt/maemo/usr/share/doc/libmikmod2
mv: cannot rename '/usr/share/doc/libmikmod2': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing libmikmod2 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 libmikmod2
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Hi,

I just checked to what package "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/QtSvg.so" belongs to by using "dpkg -S QtSvg.so", assuming, that this is the file you are missing. It says it belongs to a package called: "python2.5-qt4-svg". So you can try to install it.

So it looks like I have to add it to the dependencies too. As said before, this is the first time I try to package anything for a Linux based system, so if anyone has suggestions on how to find out which packages are needed and how to add them properly, your help is much appreciated. If anyone has problems just mention them here and we can try to solve them.

cheers,

keynya

EDIT: It is a bit odd. I installed the package again and again and it seems to work. The app is still not able to run stable on my phone (Terminal: "Segmentation fault") but I can at least start it, but it crashes shortly afterwards.

Dear keynya,

I installed the package as suggested. But I go a new error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anki", line 27, in <module>
    ankiqt.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ankiqt/__init__.py", line 183, in run
    ui.importAll()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ankiqt/ui/__init__.py", line 15, in importAll
    import facteditor
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ankiqt/ui/facteditor.py", line 7, in <module>
    from PyQt4.QtSvg import *
ImportError: No module named QtSvg
I did a search via google and on the maemo wiki but didn't found any usuable information regarding packaging or I just didn't understand them.

Thanks for your help again!

Last edited by studiosusmed; 2011-03-12 at 08:27.

hi keynya

thx a lot! now it runs!

what i've found so far which still needs to be improoved (ankiqt from the launcher):
- sync doesn't seem to work
- customisations to the interface, to make all content fit on the screen. maybe by decreasing fonts somewhere?

if i run anki from a terminal as root it has decreased fonts and therefore fits better on the screen, but sync is not working there either.

cheers
marphy

The Following User Says Thank You to marphy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by studiosusmed View Post
Anki is quite more easy to use and handle on PC. For instance, if I would like to change the interval in Mneomsyne, then it is much harder than in Anki. For short reviewing before an exam, this makes a real difference. Despite that, Mnemosyne is not properly working on my N900. E.g. I can't open a deck I got from my PC.
!
I tried both, both in PC (Fedora) and N900.

Yes, I seem to like Anki also more in PC.
But on N900, I got it running, but cannot get anything else but "Learn more" and "Review early" buttons in the "ankimaemi 0.0.7 welcome screen". When I push the buttons, nothing happens.

I was able to export couple of decks from PC anki and import them to N900 Mnemosyne by using export "Facts in tab-separated text file" in Anki.
Edit: well, some export-imports work, some not.

Last edited by zimon; 2011-03-12 at 11:30.

hey! Mine works stable now. After using it as root it ended soon with segmentation fold, but works perfectly under normal desktop conditions as normal user. YUPPPI! Thanks keynya!!

I agree with marphy so far, sync doesn't seem to work and the fonts are still a bit large, especially for the main menu. Might there be a solution for it? For example get the categories back like on the anki version for PC? I saw an interesting sample of that in abiword. The menu list was still in tact and quite usuable.

Might that be possible??

@zimon. I agree some imports work and some not, but if you already learnt with anki on PC, then you lost all your learning effort for the individual cards, so it is far from a good solution.

However the effort keynya put on anki now is far better than an ankimaemi could ever be. Now the whole version is working and is quite suitable and easy installable for the N900. What is needed now is a bit fine-tuning for fonts and menu and sync (would be awesome) and we can be really, really happy!!

Thanks keynya!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to studiosusmed For This Useful Post: