Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Hmm...I do not have the numbers, but I would think a cellular phone 1 inch away from soft organs would give more radiation than TV-tower few kilometers away or even just 100 m away also. So far they have mainly studied heads, skin and brains concerning cellular phone radiation; not that people use Facebook in their phones next to their testicles or ovaries 10 hours a day.
Don`t think then. Celluar phone radiation is nothing compared to Wi-Fi and Radio/TV esp digital television broadcasts. It doesn`t matter where is the tower, it matters the signal strenght. Even if you are NOT using cellphone you are still getting, almost if not the same radiation from GSM towers.
If you are so afraid don`t use it...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
N900 has Flash player. I thought that was enough for everyone
right. and cam4 works well (except you cant broadcast yourself, which in fact is a pity)

reading this thread, my phone just rebooted.

Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
Don`t think then. Celluar phone radiation is nothing compared to Wi-Fi and Radio/TV esp digital television broadcasts. It doesn`t matter where is the tower, it matters the signal strenght. Even if you are NOT using cellphone you are still getting, almost if not the same radiation from GSM towers.
If you are so afraid don`t use it...
Cellular phone radiation can be at peak 2W and as said, one inch away from your testicles. I do not think digital television broadcast several kilometers or even hundred meters away will give that much power and radiation to your or mine testicles or we wouldn't need directed antennas and dB-gain-boosting.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
hey guys, noone want develop it? :.(
i can offer him my first hot girl found by this app!!
(i've to learn qt...)

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
XXX-Terminal, coming soon to help with your connectivity.

Anyways, what really shocks me is that it took us eight pages to get a female reply, and, not only she's hinting that maemo is the old thing and that she'd would hang out in the new meego club down the street, but she Also seems to be a Reverend???

Times change, dude.
Female, Reverend, and hanging out with both Maemo and MeeGo crowds. Though I get the impression there's a slightly better gender balance in MeeGo. And still looking for a bug fix for MeeGo #440.

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
being completely serious for a moment

a generic geolocation application I have discussed with people which includes mapping and database details of points of interest could have a specific upgrade pack including nighttime activities and red light mapping :O

Incidentally, the app as discussed would have user feedback areas.

brb, washing hands of this thread.
This would presumably be a larger project, enabling people to find galleries, theatres and museums as well as whorehouses. Don't most GPRS apps contain that information?

I got the impression that the OP was not looking to pay for sex (even with bug fixes) but hoping to find women foolis... err open-minded enough to offer him sex free. As in beer. I suspect no n900 app is going to overcome a user's inherent lack of Qtness.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
hahahaha, this thread is amazing.

As ridiculous as it is though, if it was developed, I wouldn't be surprised to see people download it. Having worked for a cellphone company before, I can say I've seen weirder.

The best so far was a couple of consumers subscribed to a #FLIRT service. When i looked it up, it entailed people leaving voice messages for others to check. I can't imagine the level of desperation that would take.

HOWEVER... if someone did develop this app, i would demand screenshots.. because it would be hilarious.

Originally Posted by PAFaieta View Post
HOWEVER... if someone did develop this app, i would demand screenshots.. because it would be hilarious.
Screenshots? I think you meant video.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Screenshots? I think you meant video.
you're right... pardon me :P

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by PAFaieta View Post
What could go wrong?

(Text of linked article could anger your employer's network censors. As you're already in this thread though, that doesn't appear too great a concern.)

Tags
desperate, gimme some, happy ending, high five!, i like, it is nice, italians, master debater, meego long time, sexy time