I know it'll never happen but this is a coin thown into a wishing well. No one really expects a result there either.

I would love if it were possible to write on the the wall of one of the "desktop" panes. Naturally no shortcuts or widgets would/could be there. Alternatively, if the post-it-notes-like widget accepted stylus scribbles I would be happy, (because it is possible to make it fit span the whole desktop).

I am well aware that I could have a program open all the time to do a similar thing, but it really would not be the same thing.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
don't think its the hardest wishlist, would have some obtrusive save/new buttons but tis a large widget
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

In my mind no save or new buttons--no buttons at all--would be needed. Just like the sticky notes widget I never use more than one. I don't save, it saves as I use it. And when I boot the phone it is there. I would just prefer to scribble something and move on.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
In my mind no save or new buttons--no buttons at all--would be needed. Just like the sticky notes widget I never use more than one. I don't save, it saves as I use it. And when I boot the phone it is there. I would just prefer to scribble something and move on.
x2. But how would we switch to another homescreen after we've switched to our notepad screen? Wouldn't our gesture on screen be registered as a scribble? :P

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
x2. But how would we switch to another homescreen after we've switched to our notepad screen? Wouldn't our gesture on screen be registered as a scribble? :P
Good point. so...one button that toggles through Edit, Eraser and Save modes?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
You could use the top bar to scroll, no widget can have that height anyways.
It's not hard to do, just make a text buffer widget which saves every time there's an edit.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
You could use the top bar to scroll, no widget can have that height anyways.
It's not hard to do, just make a text buffer widget which saves every time there's an edit.
awesome! idea! i didn't even really we could scroll using that top space to the right of the status bar thing!!! i thought we might have to chop off the top of the notepad widget to leave room for finger on desktop action, but we dont have to!!! nice.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Yellownotes-app-fremantle widget can be easily adapted to the screen's height and width, and has 99 pages to scribble on. I think it's what you are searching. See here: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...let-fremantle/

Yellow Notes is very good and helpful, but it does not allow actual scribbling. Typing yes, but not scribbling. If it could it would work for me perfectly.

I had asked the developer of Scribble Notes (venemo) to develop this....Sticky Scribble Notes...I'm not sure he's developing for maemo anymore. Anyway, I had nagged him about it several times so I've backed off, someone else's turn now

(BTW he was looking at some shared code posted up by the developer who gave us PenPen sketchbook...benlau. A search should pull up the relevant threads. If anyone can get this to work, I'd be grateful )