Hey everybody, I just wanted to ask if anybody else has experienced this:

After a couple days of use, I realized that the Play button of the Media Player Widget doesn't work.

If I press it, nothing will happen. I tried removing the Media Player Widget and adding it again to the desktop, which will solve the problem until the next reboot. After reboot, the play button will be broken again.

I can confirm this bug on 2 N900's, running global firmware "RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin".

I even reflashed one of the devices, added the Media Player Widget to the home screen and rebooted it. After reboot, the play button won't work anymore.

Code:
Additional software installed on one of the N900's include:

Adblock Plus
AlmostTI
Amazon Installer
AP News Installer
Bounce
Cellular Modem Control Buttons
Conky
Copernikum
Documents To Go Installer
Droid Fonts
eCoach
Facebook Installer
Facebook Widget
fennec
Flashlight
FM Radio Player
Foreca Installer
Foreca Weather Widget
Gonvert
gPodder
liqflow
Maep
openntpd
Password Safe
Personal Dataplan Monitor
Petrovich
Pidgin
Pidgin Status Message Plugin
qik
Recorder
rootsh
Simple Brightness Applet
Simple FMTX desktop widget
SuperTux
TouchSearch
tuner
TuneWiki Widget
tutorial-home-applet
Variations on Rockdodger
xulrunner
I'm pretty sure that this is a bug of the widget itself, not caused by 3rd party apps since even after a reflash, this problem will appear again.

The Following User Says Thank You to youxing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
i have the same problem. when its not working. go in and start the track in media player after that its working again for a while

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
i have the same problem. when its not working. go in and start the track in media player after that its working again for a while
I can pause the music if it's playing using the media player widget, but pressing that button again wouldn't start it.

The Following User Says Thank You to youxing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
For bugs, we have a bugtracker :-)
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5894
This is a well known issue hopefully mainly resolved with a future firmware update, the so called PR1.1

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Exact same thing happens with my Media Player ( play button ) works first few times. Have to remove from desktop and then add widget back again so it will work.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
I had this problem since I got the phone and since a few day the bug has not occured anymore....magically

Originally Posted by val580 View Post
I had this problem since I got the phone and since a few day the bug has not occured anymore....magically
Have had the phone now for 4 weeks and for the last week the button has worked with no problems... go figure.
Anyways it has been known since the first days. Would be surprised if it wasn't fixed on the coming update.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
I've had the same problem .... the more i use the N900 the more bugs i fins
Hopefully they will all be ironed out in the next firmware update.

Guys, why don't you post your issues in Bugzilla https://bugs.maemo.org/ <- the broken widget bug should already be there, please look for it and cast your vote
Or if you have suggestions, in Brainstorm http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/

It would be a shame that your input isn't valued properly since actual developers won't have the patience to read a whole thread or might not even find it considering the large number of new threads appearing daily.

You could then place the links to brainstorms/bug reports in your signature and every time you're engaged in a conversation, the people you talk to will read and vote for them!
The more votes a bug/brainstorm has, the quicker it will be fixed!

Please consider it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Bec; 2010-01-11 at 12:44.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
I don't want to clutter up my sig with my agenda (it would be too small :-)

As mentioned: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5894
This is a bug and Nokia probably has resolved it in the upcoming PR1.1

OTOH, I looked at your sig and will try to do something about the phone shortcut on every desktop :-)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."