Active Topics

Hi all,

I am going to be needing a calendar app on my new n800 as I run my own business and I would like to keep track of appointments and such. I have been reading up on it and it seems that many are using a google calendar after installing the gpe calendar on their tablet.

Is there an advantage to installing the gpe calendar directly onto your tablet rather than just using an internet based calendar such as yahoo?

Thanks,

Shannon

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Is there an advantage to installing the gpe calendar directly onto your tablet rather than just using an internet based calendar such as yahoo?
Sorry for my silly answer, but the main advantage is in case of lack of internet connection (unless you have a mobile plan, a mobile phone with BT etc..but is not my case...I'm poor
ps: GPE is not so bad...just give it a try..

Last edited by akd; 2007-12-10 at 00:19.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
If you use GPE Summary with it, it will show appointments on the N800's Desktop. This is the feature I like about GPE, I don't have to open up the Calander App. to see what appointments you have coming up.

Originally Posted by dan67sf View Post
If you use GPE Summary with it, it will show appointments on the N800's Desktop. This is the feature I like about GPE.
Ok, thats the answer I was looking for thanks. That would be more convenient than having to look up your appts. constantly from a website. And of course there is the possibility of not having online access and needing to check your appts.

Thanks,

Shannon

You can also try KDE-PIM from packages prepared by Penguinbait.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Try also calend on http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/nokia/index.html - not bad!

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Hmmm tempted to have a go with the python app abpve .. looks nice but I really am hoping that someone will do a sync with outlook real soon, so I really can use my tablet for PIM.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Hmmm tempted to have a go with the python app abpve .. looks nice but I really am hoping that someone will do a sync with outlook real soon, so I really can use my tablet for PIM.
Since Nokia (bought?) the Palm OS, you would think they could revise the hotsync software that already supports Outlook.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Try also calend on http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/nokia/index.html - not bad!
Installed it..not bad, . After install, Skype crashes, uninstalled the whole package, uninstalled Skype, then reinstalled Skype and now is working again . So I don't know why but be aware, seems to create a conflict with Skype. I'm keeping stick with GPE.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by TheGogmagog View Post
Since Nokia (bought?) the Palm OS, [...]
Eh? Do you mean Access' release of the Garnet (Palm OS) virtual machine for the Nokia Internet Tablets?

If so, that's nothing to do with Nokia, any more than any other third party application.