Notices

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
My issue with freeoffice is that I can't save a file in the format I opened it in. I use .doc mainly because of work and files I have saved for convenience. If I open one it works and I can read it, but I can't save any changes without saving it to .odf.

I have nothing against odf, but ten years worth of work is a lot of work to either have two copies of the same file or to go back and re-save them all in another format that then limits my use on my office 2007 desktop.

Result is that my freoofice gives me little more than a document reader.

I tried abiword but that left pink coding characters throughout my documents and ruined them, docs to go isn't an option. So if the next release could actually let me save a .doc in a .doc style it would be good.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

With this latest version file assiociation still doesn't work for me. Same as previous version, files have freoffice's icones but can't be opened directly from emails or file manager.

@N900MAN
OpenOffice is quite slow, it takes almost 1 minute to starts.

@all_having_segmentation_faults
this should be fixed now. it was caused because the freoffice-plugins were built for PR1.2 but were not updated to PR1.3. newer packages for PR1.3 have been built and the plugins work now. no more
"ACCELERATOR STARTS
SEGMENTATION FAULT"

Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
My issue with freeoffice is that I can't save a file in the format I opened it in. I use .doc mainly because of work and files I have saved for convenience. If I open one it works and I can read it, but I can't save any changes without saving it to .odf.
afaik, thats not currently possible. because koffice doesn't yet support saving to .doc, and as a result freoffice cannot as well.
maybe sometime later it can be done.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
File association does not work as well for me from the mail box. Then you have to save it and open it from the main menu of FreOffice, that is not wonderful
I have tried with the FreOffice opened in the background but that does not help.

What is interesting is that I can see that in the mail itself, the icon is correct (the pen...) but it still fails finding any associated software.

I have another issue, when I try to open "odt" file freoffice crashes on start.

EDIT. I tested few "odt" files and crash happens with files probably bigger than 10k. I have 3 files bigger then this size (16k, 56k and 133k) and all cause crash. With smaller files I don't experience issue.

Last edited by kolos; 2010-11-16 at 12:47. Reason: addidtional info

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
Thank you: the plugins are working now with the new version.
Still I can not save a test file . got an error message unable to save.
note the test file is created with freoffice
Has someone a solution for this ????

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
hi guys,

Have uploaded a document at google docs but how to delete??

@RdM, no delete functionality right now. if you want to delete you have to use the web interface. but if you want it, i can add it to next version.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
So i'm guessing this latest version doesn't add the functionality of opening docx from modest yet?