Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by pali View Post
0xFFFF does not support local flashing yet. You can use it for generating or unpacking fiasco images or you can read CAL data (like hw revision, R&D flags, etc). But everything is read-only, no write support.
Ohhh... I see. I had gotten the impression that it did, guess I misinterpreted some stuff.

Next question then: can 0xFFFF (through USB) flash N900 eMMC images, or only the rootfs ones? I also ended up with the understanding that it could, but now I suspect I may have misunderstood somewhere along the line as well.

I think that there is no bugtracker. If there are problems write here to this thread or send me email...
Ah. I had assumed maybe gitorious provided one by default for every project - or at least something roughly like a bug tracker, kinda like GitHub's "Issues". *Shrug*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Next question then: can 0xFFFF (through USB) flash N900 eMMC images, or only the rootfs ones?
No, flashing eMMC images needs support for Mk II flashing protocol. And support for Mk II is not implemented. On gitorious git there is basic support for Mk II where 0xFFFF can identify device (hw revision, firmware version) and reboot it (via Mk II), but nothing more.

If somebody has time, in 0xFFFF git there is some documentation in doc/mkii.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Okay. Thanks for bearing with me and catching me up on that.

Someday I will have leet-haxor reversing skillz and then I will hopefully be able to contribute something to 0xFFFF to make those features a reality. *Sigh* Or so I can dream at least.

In the meantime, now I have to find a copy of flasher-3.5 that will run on Debian (or the Windows one... worst case scenario I can use that one too). I had been saving the Windows one for years, then switched to Debian just last summer, and proceeded to delete the Windows one thinking "meh, why do I need that now".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
In the meantime, now I have to find a copy of flasher-3.5 that will run on Debian.
https://web.archive.org/web/20131117...env_downloads/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I think I'll package 0xFFFF for Arch. But - can we consider the git version stable or should I rather use the repository.maemo.org sources (released 2014)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I think I'll package 0xFFFF for Arch. But - can we consider the git version stable or should I rather use the repository.maemo.org sources (released 2014)
Use last released version and important, use original libusb0.1 (not some compatibility layer).

Current git master is currently broken due to migration to libusb1.0. But libusb1.0 is buggy and cannot be used for Nokia devices...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Tarball in first post (that from r.m.o) contains last version, use that.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
So, here it is: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/0xffff/

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
So, here it is: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/0xffff/
OMFG. Dependencies: libusb-compat

Please read my post again:

original libusb0.1 (not some compatibility layer).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Oh, hell, thanks for pointing it out. I was pretty sure that libusb-compat is just a fancy name for the old libusb!
So it seems there's no original libusb 0.1 for Arch right now. This shouldn't be hard, though.

Just wondering, what exactly happens while using libusb 1.0 with Nokia devices? And is the Nokia flasher affected as well?

Used it all under Arch 3 or 4 times and I'm wondering, how much luck I've had.