Active Topics

Notices

I want to report about succefull installation themes from OS 2006 (exactly Gray and Red) on OS 2007.
For installation i add Nokia official repository with 'mistral' component in to Application Manager.
After installation everething work and look fine, except icons in apper side (brightness and volume regulation, etc). Its looking like with cutted downside area. Seems that area in OS 2007 a bit bigger. BT icon in theme Gray looking with reduced colour range.

P.S. also i tried to restart device, it reboted without any problems.

For me main reason for inslalation was to have a previews layout of clock and rectangle windows.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
You may also be interested in:

http://www.bleb.org/software/770/aria-12pt_1.0_all.deb

This is a 12pt version of the default N800 theme.

is the reverse true ? (ie the N800 theme on a 770 ?)

fpp, where i can download a *.deb theme for N800 (original) for testing on 770? (or is it easy way to extract it from devices)?
I install aflegg's 12pt theme (link in his post). In OS 2006 visible weight lines between main icons, started application and "task tray" areas. Also not readeble text in 'control panel' in Large Icon mode, in list mode Ok.
You can try, for me it not dangerous for system. Device can restart. Once system crach and reboot, when i switch from 12pt to 1st standart theme, but it should be, because 12pt theme from 2007OS and it is a part of 1st standart theme, not standalone (i'm right???).

aflegg, thank you, but font size is too small for me. 14pt will be perfect.

Problem with cutted icon is in different vertical position on the screen, in 2007 its upper then in 2006.

Anothe problem: in OS2006 Contol Panel have 3 columns with text under icons, in OS2007 - two colums with text on right side. This is a reason, why text in OS2007 with 2006Theme cuted and Small/Big icon view not working.
In OS2006 with 2007Theme in Control Panel text not readble in Big icon view, but can be changed in Small icon view.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Anyone know if there's any issues with these themes on the N800?
3pm - So good, it's illegal

=DC= Same as for all 2006Themes in OS2007: cutted icons and 3 coumns in Control Panel. Themes made, as i know by Theme Maker. It generate *.deb for OS2006. The issues in two theme config files: gtkrc.maemo_af_desktop and gtkrc. I'll try to compare its for find difference, but i still have no good experience in Linux to make it fast...

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
That's cool. Take your time. Thanks.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
After you install a theme for 770 and want to go back to an N800 theme, I sometimes see some icons (the three main ones at the top left) and the boot logos for example, do not get changed back to their original images.

Is there a way to revert all the images back?

Do I need to install the OS?

Also, how do you remove a theme once installed? (maybe I am blind...)

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
You remove it from the application manager... I havent had a problem like that except for brushed them no matter what theme you chose the icons will remain there...

Last edited by SeRi@lDiE; 2007-03-28 at 15:49.