Originally Posted by qgil View Post
@brontide: edited manually. No it is not possible for users to edit registration because we wanted to avoid the fact of people requesting sponsorship after having registered weeks ago and etc.
Okay, so I bit the bullet and registered : #69, auspicious, eh ?
So Karel, you gotta come over for beer.

@quim : please remove the sponsorship request from my registration, I hadn't understood at the time that accommodation was DIY. I was going to pay for my trip anyway, it was just to avoid some hassle if community housing was available.

Also, I must be tired, but I can't find the place where you can propose a presentation or talk or something. I'm sure there must be one ? :-)

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
...I can't find the place where you can propose a presentation or talk or something.
You can add your proposal to the appropriate section of this wiki page.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
@brontide: edited manually. No it is not possible for users to edit registration because we wanted to avoid the fact of people requesting sponsorship after having registered weeks ago and etc.
Is there a possibility for a second round of sponsorship registrations if there are still not used resources at the end?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Cologne, Germany
Okay, being a nobody here and all I'm still very curious about the summit and would like to attend, learn and annoy with a bu**load of questions. Given that I can sort it out (just a matter of persuading the gf and checking with my job, I'm from Germany anyway) I could offer to pick some of those poor guys up that have to travel though most of Germany via train (i.e. landing in Dortmund/Duesseldorf etc.).
Corporate car/free fuel is a luxury these days that I'd like to share

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darklajid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
My plane will be landing in Dortmund i guess

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Consider a hostel.

Public transport is high quality in Berlin, and sane prices.

Hitchhiking is very doable in Germany.

Booking a train ticket in advance via Deutsche Bahn can save up to 75% provided you book in advance! If you book a week in advance you still get 50% discount. A 25% discount card is also cheap, especially useful is you do further German sightseeing. But you need to order this all in advance!(!!)

I even once met some Belgian students in Berlin who used only local trains. Costed them like 35 EUR one-way, but they travelled about 12 hours from Belgium to Germany...

And, be sure to also visit Berlin centre. E.g. Alexanderplatz, Blinkenlights, CCC Berlin, and a living night time!!

PS: Don't forget to try out Club-Mate!

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2008-07-18 at 15:45. Reason: Club-Mate!!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
I...My latest (10 days today) project with one fine lady is here and together with the previous one it takes almost all of my time now :-)....
She is beautiful, so does dad. Congratulation.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Is there a possibility for a second round of sponsorship registrations if there are still not used resources at the end?
Short answer: NO (with very little room for exceptions).

In fact "my" problem is to see how to be nice to everybody that will request sponsorship before August 1st, even those that really deserve it. Look the registration list, countries of origin... Think also that a notable % are "senior contributors" (read people feeling like their time for youth hostels is kind of over) and also that there are reasonable requests to get inside OSiM World (300€ the lowest bill we can mathematically get per person). We are discussing with the GNOME Foundation to fund a hackfest bringing some OSS upstream guys. And of course we have expenses to pay to c-base: rooms, equipement, etc.

So you see.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I've added some comments to the wiki page:

https://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Maemo_Su...008_recordings

Jamie, if you'd like to collaborate, that might be cool... Or, if you just want to be the one that does it, that would be fine too. Add comments to the wiki.

Tim
Collaboration is great, the more information we can get from the Summit the better. We can continue this on the wiki.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
I may join and bring e.g. some of my n810/n800 controlled DIY USB hardware like the i2c-tiny-usb and the tiltstick.

But since our second child is to be born end of august i can't guarantee anything. One option would be to bring my then 18 month old daughter with me the 500km to berlin. She really likes the n810 and enjoys video conferencing with her mother between bedroom and living room. But she especially enjoys pulling out the n810's stylus and carefully putting it back in place.

Tags
maemo.org