Active Topics

Notices

I haven't seen any screen shots of OS2008, but theres enough photos floating around to get an idea of what the new theme is like. For example, take a look at atmasphere's photo or the Nokia press photos.

What does everybody think of the new default theme? So far, I like the transparency and the new status indicator icons, but I'm not real crazy about the task navigator icons (Internet, Contacts, and Applications). I like the new icons better than the OS2007 ones, but they seem a little cartoony and WinXP-like for me.

I'm looking forward to creating some new themes for OS2008. I started making some for OS2007 but I decided to wait for OS2008 to come out before I release anything. I was very excited to see in the manual (posted on the FCC site) that the items in the task navigator will be customizable! Check out page 8 of the manual where it says, "The task navigator contains the following items by default. To change the items, tap [application menu icon], and select Settings > Control panel. In Control panel, select Panels."

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I agree on the icons cartoonishnes.

I'll try to update theme maker soon to support itos2008.

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
I agree on the icons cartoonishnes.

I'll try to update theme maker soon to support itos2008.
Thanks! I've been doing the theming 'the hard way' (editing/creating individual .png tiles) for OS2007 and I'm looking forward to being able to use your software.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I actually like the icons.

I'm really like the new themes... there's some depth in the design (perceived depth) and it 's really pleasant to work on.

Thanks for the picture link!

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Tauranga, NZ
+1 on the icons - cartoonish (maybe) better than the n800 default (oh yes)

But theming is an area that definitely needs more attention.

Yes, themes, please.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I totally agree that there is not much attention to theme'n, I would love to see a place that we could contribute source for the new theme maker (thanks konttori) in inkscape(svg) with a screen shot. I hate the idea of having to edit pixels trying to make something round.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
You can easily do the stuff in inkscape. Just import the svg image as background (or layer) in inkscape and draw over it. Then hide the bg image and just make the export from inkscape to the png format. Sweet, huh?

And yes, I'll very much try to get theme maker out with os2008 support soonish!

could anybody post an dark iconset for the keyboard? i don`t know wich images i shoud manipulate. would be nice, if anbody could do this if he has already done the work. if it is to big for a attachment, you can share it with rapidshare.com.