Notices

Could you put the 11pt theme back up please? I had to reflash so I'd like to apply it again.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
You could always use the theme maker.
You could getit here: http://www.helsinki.fi/~konttori/Med...ThemeMaker.zip

But in case you just want to go for the smaller fonts and not start piping up your 770, then here's a theme just for you: http://www.helsinki.fi/~konttori/Med...ndys_Theme.zip

How to install?

Unzip directly to your mmc. Disconnect after done (and please make sure it's really done and not flushing some cache... or flashing awaits).

Open xterm
sudo gainroot
cd /media/mmc1/Andys_Theme (notice capital letters)
sh ./install.sh
and then wait a sec and after it's done, close xterm. It will alert that it can't remove existing theme, but that's just because it supports updating themes as well (which is nice when you are testing a theme)
Switch to your new and cool Andys Theme.

I was also kind enough to test the theme, so rest assured that it works.

Thanks! I did try ThemeMaker actually, but I use MacOSX and it doesn't appear to run on that OS.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
And irritatingly, Apple limit Java 5 to Tiger; leaving us Panther users stuck with the perfectly usable 1.4.2 (admittedly, generics are nice - not so sure about autoboxing).

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by AndyG
Thanks! I did try ThemeMaker actually, but I use MacOSX and it doesn't appear to run on that OS.
Oh, what a shame. It *should* work, but perhaps it's still got some issues.

It's tiger only, that's at least one issue. Do you use panther / have java 1.4 installed? Could be that. Once it's got a fullish feature set, I'll then try to make it osx compatible.

I've been making a million changes to it today as well and it seems to be coming along nicely. If you are into making a theme, you can also just edit the image file, send it to me and I'll send a converted theme of the image for you.