THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!! I am at a club last night and about 2 seconds after i leave i realize that my phone is not with me. i start calling it and retracing my steps in the club frantically but no luck. all of my info is in that thing and i didnt have any kind of back up or anti theft software or anything for it. any ideas on what i can do to protect contacts and pw's and other precious info?

on another note. everything happens for a reason. maybe its time to get a new phone. after all the complaints about pr 1.2 idk' perhaps i should just hold out until nokia release the meego device or what ever.

trying to look on the bright side here. .... not having any luck

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!! I am at a club last night and about 2 seconds after i leave i realize that my phone is not with me. i start calling it and retracing my steps in the club frantically but no luck. all of my info is in that thing and i didnt have any kind of back up or anti theft software or anything for it. any ideas on what i can do to protect contacts and pw's and other precious info?

on another note. everything happens for a reason. maybe its time to get a new phone. after all the complaints about pr 1.2 idk' perhaps i should just hold out until nokia release the meego device or what ever.

trying to look on the bright side here. .... not having any luck
feel bad for u buddy. i usually take my work blackberry to clubs and leave my n900 behind. probably best u purchase a droid or iphone and compare your experiences. it would be too painful to purchase an N900 again if i was in ur shoes.

hope the club was worth it....if u catch my drift

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
ouch... did you try calling?

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Eeeeeeek sorry to hear. Check with the club tonight or the local police. A longshot but there are some people out there that appreciate & understand losing a phone. They might have handed it in as opposed to nosing through all your stuff or wiping it clean and keeping it for themselves. Fingers crossed for you but remember its only a phone...worse things can happen eh.

Are you insured for the handset ??

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-05-29 at 14:14.

Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Eeeeeeek sorry to hear. Check with the club tonight or the local police. A longshot but there are some people out there that appreciate & understand losing a phone. They might have handed it in as opposed to nosing through all your stuff or wiping it clean and keeping it for themselves. Fingers crossed for you but remember its only a phone...worse things can happen eh.

nope. no insurance. tmo def does not offer any. and the folks i talked to said that insurance on a phone that expensive is not worth it. they say it costs to much.

I am not even so concerned about loosing the phone it self or having to buy another one. thats not the prob. its only a phone its materialistic ya know? u can get another phone.

what sucks is having o redo pass words and bank accounts and try and remember all the important stuff that was in there. all of my friends and families birthdays, home address, work numbers etc? little nieces and cousins birthday videos. smh. that along with the sense of violation it caused is what sucks so much

Originally Posted by Astute View Post

the club guard gave me his card. i think it was a thing just to get me to leave. hell for all i know he had it. idk, i am calling them today to see what i can find.

Originally Posted by juanenrique View Post
ouch... did you try calling?
Nope.. never thought to do that one..

Of course I called it.. lol and I texted it. no dice though...

Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
feel bad for u buddy. i usually take my work blackberry to clubs and leave my n900 behind. probably best u purchase a droid or iphone and compare your experiences. it would be too painful to purchase an N900 again if i was in ur shoes.

hope the club was worth it....if u catch my drift
i did have a lot of fun. a lot of fun. these things happen. the violating feeling and loss of peace of mind hurts though.

But um... after owning a n900 how can you go to something like a Droid? How can you go to anything BUT another n900? after you have experience "transmission" "fm transmitter" which i use all the time "ecoach" the ease of use in snycing with im accounts, ALL THEM at ONCE, the brilliant screan. the openess and customization, THE BIGGEST THING OF ALL.. THE MAEMO COMMUNITY? how the heck can i go to a iphone i mean really.

besides i brought a ipod , wich was my first apple product. after that experienced i vowed never again to do anything apple. especially after they sold the 3gs about four late. that should hav ebeen the first iphone.

But to stay on topic. i just cant see going to anything inferior or other than the n900

Any idea on things i shoud be doing at this point other than the password changes for email accts and bank accts numbers?

Hello andraeseus, maybe you should try locking it with the IMEI code. I don't know how it works in your country, but in Italy we can call our mobile operator to ask for locking our stolen mobile by giving them the IMEI code. And if you ask the police they could even locate your mobile using the IMEI, so don't give up an try to find it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to player_one For This Useful Post: