Notices

Poll: Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?
Poll Options
Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Any information how to get this work... I've put in my user and pass in settings after installing it, but its not working...

I still dont get any songs scrobbled.. :S Anyone actually got it working?

Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post
I still dont get any songs scrobbled.. :S Anyone actually got it working?
Almost

When I start playing a song, it shows up on last.fm as being 'currently listened to' but after some, maybe, 10-20 seconds it disappears again from last.fm and doesn't show up again even when the song has finished.

So at least the connection to last.fm works but there seems to still be some problems with the functionality (at least for me).

I'm using version 0.2.3 of mafw-lastfm. I just installed it, entered my last.fm credentials in the main settings and then rebooted the phone just be sure the mafw-lastfm daemon got started.

Working here if I manually start it in the shell (at least playing-now... waiting for song to finish )

Should it have started automagically? Is there something we're missing on the install or setup?

Hm... well, it scrobbled the one song, and it still shows I am " Listening now using mafw-lastfm" but it doesn't have my currently listening song title.

Ah, and now it is ok. Seems like sometimes it tries to scrobble after it does the 'playing now' (lastfm doesn't show the playing now title) and sometimes it does the scrobble of the last song *before* the playing now song - then lastfm shows everything correctly.

Anyway, it works, other then the startup issue.

I'm calling all developers for help. Many have asked for a Last.fm Scrobbler - to no avail. The closest thing we have is mafw-lastfm in extras-dev, but most if not all can get this working.

I'm sure they'd be a lot of support, as I know many use this. This is the only thing I regret about the N900 thus far.

If you too feel the same as I do, vote above so we can get a rough idea of how many people this would actually appeal to.

If you are a developer and may be interested in either developing a new scrobbler, or improving the current one, please post below.

Thank you all in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kieron For This Useful Post:
Mobbler is one of the few apps I really miss from my N95.

The Following User Says Thank You to vdx29 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
You can't expect everything to work within the first month + I don't think it's that important. Use your PC for that? Since when do we only depend on ONE device for EVERYTHING?

there is http://vagalume.igalia.com/ but it keep saying network connection error to me

Originally Posted by God View Post
You can't expect everything to work within the first month + I don't think it's that important. Use your PC for that? Since when do we only depend on ONE device for EVERYTHING?
I'm not expecting everything, I'm asking for one thing. Why would I want to use my PC for scrobbling when I listen to the majority of my music whilst not at a PC?

Originally Posted by asidana View Post
there is http://vagalume.igalia.com/ but it keep saying network connection error to me
Yeah, me too. Plus it can't actual sync normally played tracks I believe. It's main feature is internet radio I believe, but I'm just looking for a simple plugin that integrates.

Tags
application, audioscrobbler, fremantle, last.fm, last.fm scrobbler, maemo, maemo 5, mafw-lastfm, request, scrobbler, social networking, vagalume