Notices

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
This version is working smoothly for me here
https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/general/28030015

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fin2cv View Post
Worked fine few days, today went offline, and can't get wu online at all. Uninstalled wu same way as last time, re-installed same (latest) version, but no success. Damn..
Today I tried to re-registrate wa account. I think this time I typed the country code as "358", without "+" in front. Perhaps previously I typed it as +358. I don't know if it matters, but now I got online! I did send some messages to my friends, and got answers from them so now everything is fine..

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
It seems that @ceene is doing huge progresses with ciphered messages in Yappari.

Will we see something similar in Whatsup at some point?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by fin2cv View Post
Worked fine few days, today went offline, and can't get wu online at all.
Originally Posted by okourkoulos View Post
Same here.
A few days ago, lost it and never came back.
Got similar problems a couple of days ago.
It happened after I posted messages to a group just created (created by a friends' iPhone)
All messages I try to send stay with "red" status, no receiving any status update from WhatsApp.

I did not fumbled around with re-registrations or re-installations.

I simply did my usual routine :
  • Cycle Aiplane-mode on and off (probably gives me a new IP address ? Never bothered to check)
  • Try reconnect. WhatsUp connects, but all my newer message still stay unset / still no update from the network
  • Asked my friend to send me a WhatsApp message
  • Got her message
  • All my message now correctly leaving the phone as expected
  • WhatsUp correctly update status once messages get read

I suspect that 2 things are into play:
  • Some anti-SPAM counter-measure get triggered (probably WhatsUp trying to post an un-encrypted message into a group chat = i.e.: sending a message to a lot of people, including to some I haven't sent messages before. Might look suspicious to WhatsApp's server: looks very different from normal interactions and in addition probably that's how a SPAM-bot trying to hammer their network would look like).
  • This puts me on a red-list: no more interaction allowed with the rest of the network (can't send messages anymore, can't receive status updates)
  • Cycling the connection probably gives me a new IP from my ISP, my IP isn't red-listed anymore
  • receiving the first message from my friend and subsequently exchanging messages with her probably de-triggers the "SPAM" alert placed onto my account. (Now from WhatsApp's point of view I look like any average user chatting with friends)
  • Maybe there's also some of the crypto logic (updating/reseting the state) at work

This has happened quite a few times recently, and it always resolved this way: Ask a nearby standing friend that she sends me any random message (usually they tend to send me poop emoji), once I receive it, this seem to go back to normal.

So to anyone with problems with WhatsUp: I would definitely advise AGAINST trying to re-install, re-register.

Start simply by asking a friend sitting nearby to send you a message.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Something strange happened to me like a week ago. Whatsup reconnected and after that all the conversations, except some group chats, were gone. I mean they didn't exist on conversation list anymore, but if I search for a contact and send him/her a message OR receive a message from "old" contact, the chat will return to conversations list.

Whatsup still works great, and I don't really care about those missing conversations. But still an odd incident.

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Whatsup reconnected and after that all the conversations, except some group chats, were gone. {...} Whatsup still works great
Similar report here: All the conversations also "invisible", but still in the database and logs still appear if I manually open the conversation window (e.g.: starting a new message to an old contact).

The Following User Says Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Also another minor problem:
Some time recently, some of my contact's WhatsApp apps have started to send .opus files as audio message. (Which is by the way great, that's one of the best currently available audio codec, and totally opensource).

But for some reason, WhatsUp can't open them, although they open perfectly with other players relying on the installed Gstreamer stack (e.g.: LLsvPlayer or Jolla's Media)

Would it be possible to fix that ?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
I got today an error message "old version" and can't login anymore with whatsup.
So I guess this is the end then for our native support? The S40 supports ends this year so I guess we have to move now to the android version? I guess it doesn't make sense to change the app if the whole support is ending quite soon anyway
so sad....

The Following User Says Thank You to PatsJolla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Mine also stopped working today (or maybe last night, I recognized it when I woke up today morning). I haven't got any error messages. It just doesn't reconnect anymore. This has happened at least once before, and that time it was Whatsapp server's fault. And it started to work again after a while. Anyone else having connection problems?

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
same here during last night :/
Already switched to android version

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup