Back on the 2005 image you could modify input.ini in opera to have the rocker switch on the top of the device go from being zoom in/zoom out to page up/page down. it was useful because this allowed one handed browsing.

It seems in IT2006 that zooming is bound in some other fashion because although I do the same modification, chaning the F7 and F8 entries in input.ini to Page down and Page up, the browser still zooms in and out.

Anyone else try this and find a way around it?

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
This is really going to bug me if I can't get it to work. I was hoping that 2006OS would have a menu option to make some options easier to set, but instead get the "feature" removed!?

FYI - Editing /usr/share/osso-browser-opera/opera_home/input.ini does nothing either.

FYI Again - Adding "Keyboard Configuration=/home/user/.opera/input.ini" to either of the two opera.ini files does nothing.

Last edited by gultig; 2006-06-13 at 15:18.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Now I tried sym-linking the /home/user/.opera directory to /root/.opera with no success either.

I have one question for Nokia. Why?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
It *could* be that the keys have changed. Check the Maemo 2.0 tutorial? There was discussion about moving the hardware keys to non-Fn keys; but last I heard it wasn't going in to 2006 OS.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Any update or solution to this problem?
Anyone tried minimo, is navigation configurable?