Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Compusa is taking 40% off all their cell phones. I picked up the Navicore software for the N800 for $113+tax. That's a little cheaper than the online registration, and it comes with a puck-style GPS and a mounting kit.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Madison, AL, USA
It should be noted that they also raised their prices back up to list (or what they consider list), rather than the 40% off being off their regular prices. I just bought an N800 from them, and they claimed the list price was $399, not the $299 shown on Nokia's USA website. That still worked out to be about $10 off the Buy.com price for me, and I was able to walk away with it right then.

I've seen demo keyboards without all the parts there listed for $200, with a 15% discount. Blecch. You got a good deal, but I'd still warn everyone to do their homework before going in there -- buyer beware!

Was this a going-out-of business store, or Compusa.com? I don't see the software on their website.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Originally Posted by gsagers View Post
Was this a going-out-of business store, or Compusa.com? I don't see the software on their website.
Compusa.com is now owned by Tigerdirect.com. They bought that asset from Comp already. The web site looks like it is already converted to Tigerdirect format.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
It should be noted that they also raised their prices back up to list (or what they consider list), rather than the 40% off being off their regular prices. I just bought an N800 from them, and they claimed the list price was $399, not the $299 shown on Nokia's USA website. That still worked out to be about $10 off the Buy.com price for me, and I was able to walk away with it right then.

I've seen demo keyboards without all the parts there listed for $200, with a 15% discount. Blecch. You got a good deal, but I'd still warn everyone to do their homework before going in there -- buyer beware!
Oh, for sure. I've been treating the going out of business sale like a flea market... Don't go in looking for anything specific, and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Also, I went to two stores. One was almost cleaned out, but the other one looked like they found a bunch of stuff in the back of the warehouse. Was tempted to pick up an E-61 for $130, but I had no idea what the going rate was, and I really don't need yet another gadget. I was really hoping they would start to dump their laptops, but they're still only "10%" off, even though I could go over to the Best Buy in the same parking lot and get it cheaper, with the normal warranty and return policy. They must have got a few offers to buy out all the PC inventory or something.