Posts: 59 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Update went fine and dandy on my N800, too. And lemme say it's had its share of tinkering.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Nothing new I can see on my devel-ridden N810. Although other apps are starting to crash it, good thing I have a clean and updtaed image on the jfss2.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

My update from the earlier version of the community SSU went fine. Thanks so much, lma, for all your work here -- I really appreciate it.

A meta-question for you, lma. How should we handle the stream of questions that start with "Is it theoretically possible for community SSU to fix [insert description of bug]?" Of course, if the answer is "yes", then the next question is "Then would you (or somebody) please?" One idea would be to have a "Community SSU" area of bugzilla (not just a search keyword) where we can have this dialog in an orderly manner.

Here's a test case: Is if possible for the community SSU to fix the metalayer-crawler bug?

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
is metalayer-crawler even open sourced? if not, then one would have to petition nokia for a compiled version containing their fix thats mentioned in the bug discussion.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post

Here's a test case: Is if possible for the community SSU to fix the metalayer-crawler bug?
I thought that the patched/fixed version of the crawler attached to the bug report was included in the CSSU already.

certainly on my system the crawler is working after installation of the CSSU.

BTW, the latest version of the CSSU installed without issue, and is working fine on my N810. It had been recently rebuilt following me buggering about with the diablo5 theme and sending the box in to a flat spin!

The tablet definately felt quicker and more responsive after the CSSU theme. as well.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
something came to mind, is the services control panel applet available as source code? The currently available version have a nasty bug where it fails to set correct boot sequence priority when enabling a service.

A meta-question for you, lma. How should we handle the stream of questions that start with "Is it theoretically possible for community SSU to fix [insert description of bug]?"
First determine whether it's possible at all (source available under a F/OS licence), then see whether someone has already tackled the bug (you'd be surprised).

Of course, if the answer is "yes", then the next question is "Then would you (or somebody) please?"
That's the million dollar question isn't it. On the other hand even if we only manage to collect and package all existing fixes I'd still consider the project a success.

One idea would be to have a "Community SSU" area of bugzilla (not just a search keyword) where we can have this dialog in an orderly manner.
We do now, product "diablo-community-updates" under Extras.

Not directly (not a free package), but maybe Nokia could be persuaded to publish it (unsupported) in the repository under non-free.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
something came to mind, is the services control panel applet available as source code? The currently available version have a nasty bug where it fails to set correct boot sequence priority when enabling a service.
Do you mean maemo-control-services? Yes, source is available but it's just a package in extras so out of scope here.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US

A meta-question for you, lma. How should we handle the stream of questions that start with "Is it theoretically possible for community SSU to fix [insert description of bug]?" Of course, if the answer is "yes", then the next question is "Then would you (or somebody) please?" One idea would be to have a "Community SSU" area of bugzilla (not just a search keyword) where we can have this dialog in an orderly manner.
After the Community SSU is out of testing (2 weeks mehopes), my idea is to open forum and collect ideas for moving forward with SSU^2 and/or Diablo/Hildon on Meego on N8x0. The Community SSU is already in Bugzilla.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
After the Community SSU is out of testing (2 weeks mehopes), my idea is to open forum and collect ideas for moving forward with SSU^2 and/or Diablo/Hildon on Meego on N8x0. The Community SSU is already in Bugzilla.
I like that idea! It would give us a little better of an idea of who is still using the n8x0s, and who wants further development. Is there anyway I can help with that? I'm no webdesigner, or programmer, but I am an avid N810 power user.

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo