Notices

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
nice browser

hope there will integrite video playback like vimeo&youtube

I hope that too. Actually this all depends on the webkit engine in qml and if jolla is willing to make it work.
As it seems now only opensource codecs (including mp3 codec as it seems) seem to be supported by the webkit html5 player which means no youtube or vimeo video in this browser currently.
Perhaps we need to wait for blink to arrive in qt and sailfish os...

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I really like the last update Llekectronics, thanks a lot.

Naive questions:
- Would it be possible to change the way the secondary toolbar is triggered, from the current longpress to some push-up gesture? You would basically have to put your thumb on the toolbar, and push-up just slightly (like a pulley-menu), which would allow (i) instantaneous appearance instead of frustrating wait (it's frustrating even when it's short, I can see that everyday when writing SMS with accents) and (ii) keeping the secondary toolbar opened when you move your finger. It could be closed with the opposite gesture from secondary toolbar to bottom.
- If so, would it be possible to lock horizontal moves while the secondary toolbar is up? I mean, horizontal gestures would act as back/forward shortcuts instead of horizontal browsing into a zoomed-in webpage or image. The secondary bar is not displayed by default, and when it is displayed in its current state, the user is not going to browser horizontally anyway, so these would be nice additions without perturbing the default behavior of the browser, in my opinion. And if the secondary toolbar persists even after refresh/back/click on link/etc., then users who want to use back/forward gestures can do it by default, just at the cost of the toolbar being shown.

Not sure how the required accuracy should be set so that the push-up can be easily performed, but still be well distinguished from the Events view gesture.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-02-05 at 01:14.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Youtube video has something fishy going on..

When i try to watch some youtube video with the Webcat, it open a LLs vPlayer and it's very bad quality (address is something like rtsp://r1---sn.....0/0/0/video.3gp)

When i search youtube videos from the LLs vPlayer, quality is very good! (adress is something like http:/ytapi.com/.....format=direct)

Can we get some light boxes around of tabs and maybe pages icons? Now there is only pages name and it's not look clean.

Tune scrolling smoothness more and it's the best browser!

Not sure how the required accuracy should be set so that the push-up can be easily performed, but still be well distinguished from the Events view gesture.
Thats exactly one of the problems I encountered during testing your proposel. I way too often landed on the events view page instead of showing the extra toolbar.

Youtube video has something fishy going on..

When i try to watch some youtube video with the Webcat, it open a LLs vPlayer and it's very bad quality (address is something like rtsp://r1---sn.....0/0/0/video.3gp)
Yeah that is because the youtube site sends a bad quality video url due to the default used user agent in webcat. Just copy the url of to the youtube video site and paste it in vPlayer and you will get the good quality video.
I am still working on a way to fix that. But currently I don't have the slightest idea what happens or is triggered when you press the play button on a youtube video url and how can I catch that.
I might end up with a toolbar showing just like on html5 audio/video player loaded to allow downloading or playing the youtube video externally when I don't figure that out.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
This browser is getting really really good! But I have a possible improvement that I think would make it even better:

* It would be nice to have a pulley menu at the bottom with an option to close the current tab. Think it could give a quite natural workflow - When a page been scrolled all the way to the bottom, and user probably is done with it, just scroll/pull down a little bit more to open a menu and close the tab (and maybe some other useful options).

//j

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jesper For This Useful Post:
Pulley menus might interfere with scrolling (and did interfere on my tests) so thats one reason I did not use them.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Pulley menus might interfere with scrolling (and did interfere on my tests) so thats one reason I did not use them.
How about a pulley menu if you drag the "address bar"?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
There is already the extraToolbar and the pressdown menu which in tests is better usable with one hand then a big pulley menu. (or a pulley menu with the same options as the pressdown extraToolbar menu)

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
+1 for the pulley menu "close current page/tab" or my fantasy 2 finger swipe/slide down.

Tags
browser, webbrowser