Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I am not denying them the right to set whatever policy suits them. Changing the policy after you bought the product is a bit naughty but, if the lawyers say it's OK, then it's OK.

On the other hand, I reserve my own right to consider buying anything from a company that does that
That's exactly what i think. They changed the privacy policy just by adding a couple of lines to their terms without a warning or whatsoever. I already sent them those articles and i'm waiting for an answer. We are not asking for something impossible

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
I am not denying them the right to set whatever policy suits them. Changing the policy after you bought the product is a bit naughty but, if the lawyers say it's OK, then it's OK.

On the other hand, I reserve my own right to consider buying anything from a company that does that
You mean, like when Apple decides to "discontinue" the Movie you purchased, and preventing you from ever playing it again

Iam fine with the license being personal and not "upgradable" to a new device, as long as I can reinstall on a new, same device, if current breaks or gets stolen.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
The main reason i started this topic was to avoid bad surprises for those who are trying to sell or buy Xperias. As the title says it is a Alert

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
You mean, like when Apple decides to "discontinue" the Movie you purchased, and preventing you from ever playing it again
If you say so. I never bought anything from Apple, so I wouldn't know.. If they do that, then yes, it is exactly the same.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
If you say so. I never bought anything from Apple, so I wouldn't know.. If they do that, then yes, it is exactly the same.
That makes me wonder if Jolla is becoming just another money maker company

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Can you give example when you can transfer digital license from one account to another?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Can you give example when you can transfer digital license from one account to another?
According to Jolla itself they could move the license from one device/account to another but they changed their policy.
PS: The main reason i started this topic was to avoid bad surprises for those who are trying to sell or buy Xperias. As the title says it is a Alert

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I mean it's not a surprise you can't move digital licences to different accounts, this is not new and i have no idea why Jolla should behave differently.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but it appears that you can transfer Microsoft license to someone you sell computer to.
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but it appears that you can transfer Microsoft license to someone you sell computer to.
But what if I wanted to transfer a Microsoft license to somebody else without the computer? Is that allowed?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: