Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i did. i get nthng. when i click cute tube from the top menu. i get 4 options. accounts settings about and transfer. i also downloaded xtube from app manager. still no luck. uninstalled and installed again. and then changed the .config. still the same. btw. there are two apps in app manager. one is cutetube and the other is cutetubeqml. i installed only cutetube-QML. what am i doing wrng?
Please post the contents of your config file.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Please post the contents of your config file.
thnx but problem solved. i dint notice at the end of the config that i hav to again write true in xtube.
BACKUPMENU

Last edited by trisha02; 2012-01-20 at 18:17.

don't know if this has been addressed in the 160 previous pages, or if i'm the only one having the problem, but when i click on a few items to play (i.e. create a playlist), and then try to play them (either streaming from youtube or direct from the archive), then it stops after about 2 videos and 'loading....' appears on the screen forever.

I suppose this may be related to a similat mafw bug where the mafw renderer needs to be killed if mafw is the backend.

If more people are havng this issue, would it be diffucult to write a text file playlist to /tmp to launch with e.g. kmplayer? or to use a different (non mafw) backend?

The XTube package doesn't work anymore. The features are integrated into the main application. You need to enable them by setting enableXTube=true in the config file located at

Code:
/home/user/.config/cuteTube-QML/cuteTube-QML.conf
I've found the cuteTube-QML.conf file via filebox, how do i set it to enable xtube?? Can it be done via filebox or some other app coz my usb broke off so no pc hook up for me
Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Trying to update to latest version, but getting the following message.

Code:
(Reading database ... 52758 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace qmltube 1.2.4 (using .../qmltube_1.2.5_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement qmltube ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/qmltube_1.2.5_armel.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/qmltube-widget', which is also in package qmltube-widget
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/qmltube_1.2.5_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
SAme here and archive folder is empty. Tried changing it to different/unhidden/old folder and no go

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
I've found the cuteTube-QML.conf file via filebox, how do i set it to enable xtube?? Can it be done via filebox or some other app coz my usb broke off so no pc hook up for me
Thanks in advance
You can use vi, leafpad or any other text editor to edit the file.

To edit using vi:

1. Enter

Code:
vi /home/user/.config/cuteTube-QML/cuteTube-QML.conf
2. Press the 'i' key to enter edit mode.

3. Move the cursor to the line that says 'enableXTube=false' and change it to 'enableXTube=true'.

4. Press 'ESC' in xterm.

5. Type :wq and press enter.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Disabled the widget for now. For some reason, while it's on desktop, it insists on connecting to the web when I power up the phone.
Is this fixable, either by yourself, Marxian, or is there something I can do from a config file?

Thankees.

You can use vi, leafpad or any other text editor to edit the file.

To edit using vi:

1. Enter

Code:
vi /home/user/.config/cuteTube-QML/cuteTube-QML.conf
2. Press the 'i' key to enter edit mode.

3. Move the cursor to the line that says 'enableXTube=false' and change it to 'enableXTube=true'.

4. Press 'ESC' in xterm.

5. Type :wq and press enter.
Done! Via leafpad, Only trouble is the video's don't play, it searches and displays the thumbnails but hangs on the loading screen All youtube vids still play tho
Any idea's?
Thanks again

Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
don't know if this has been addressed in the 160 previous pages, or if i'm the only one having the problem, but when i click on a few items to play (i.e. create a playlist), and then try to play them (either streaming from youtube or direct from the archive), then it stops after about 2 videos and 'loading....' appears on the screen forever.

I suppose this may be related to a similat mafw bug where the mafw renderer needs to be killed if mafw is the backend.

If more people are havng this issue, would it be diffucult to write a text file playlist to /tmp to launch with e.g. kmplayer? or to use a different (non mafw) backend?
i'd like to up the ante on the problem above:

when i'm not connected to wifi the problem is far less severe, and i'm able to play about 7 video clips before 'loading...' stays on the screen. when i'm connected to wifi it borks after about 2 videos.

Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Done! Via leafpad, Only trouble is the video's don't play, it searches and displays the thumbnails but hangs on the loading screen All youtube vids still play tho
Any idea's?
Thanks again
Doesn't matter, its workin now

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube